16 days ago - req17349
Sr. Optical Coating and Cleaning Technician (2nd Shift)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Without direct supervision prepares, cleans, inspects, and coats precision optics using a variety of equipment. Verifies accuracy of finished product and supports process and product development. Maintains vacuum coating systems to maximize chamber utilization. Troubleshooting and quick decision making is needed on a daily basis. The identified candidate must have knowledge of computers and possess excellent visual acuity skills and be detail oriented.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Works in shifts.
- Works with Engineering on product and process development.
- Performs Design of Experiments under Engineering guidance.
- Follows ASML safety guidelines and wears PPE where appropriate.
- Responsible for safe handling of hazardous materials such as solvents and hazardous waste.
- Performs multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Offers suggestions for process improvements.
- Prioritizes work schedule based on build plan.
- Optical handling and visual inspection required for measuring surface defects.
- Good manual dexterity is needed for handling expensive finished optics.
- Inspecting, cleaning, loading into tooling, packaging, and transporting optics.
- Detailed and careful cleaning of optics; not damaging delicate optics during cleaning while assuring no contamination on the optical surfaces.
- Inspection of optics to verify cleanliness and quality before and after coating.
High School or trade school graduate or GED, or equivalent experience.
- 5-9 Years related technical experience.
- Experience with training lower level technicians.
- Embraces the ASML 5S+1 way of working.
- Adherence to ISO 9001 and ISO 14000 requirements.
- Microsoft windows, excel, and basic computer skills are needed.
- Has knowledge of pumping systems and maintenance.
- Is able to perform advanced arithmetic calculations.
- Has cross functional expertise in multiple disciplines.
- SAP knowledge a plus.
- Has advanced knowledge in the use of multiple coating techniques/spectrophotometers.
- Is able to operate multiple types of optical coating equipment used for coating critical glass and ceramic components.
- Is able to read and interpret prints and technical documents.
- Has a strong ability for attention to detail.
- Has good communication skills and communicates professionally.
- Is a team player.
- Has good interaction skills.
- Works in a structured manner.
- Is able to read, comprehend, and assist with work instructions and general correspondence.
- Is able to independently troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Is able to come up with solutions when problem is 'out of a standard situation'.
- Is able to status products currently running in the area.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts & solvents.
- Clean room environment.
- May also be exposed to laser energy, magnetic fields and open flames.
- Typically handles parts that could weigh up to 35 pounds.
- Will be required to stand, sit, kneel and bend to load and unload the surfaces of the machine tools.
- Production areas are maintained at 70 to 76 degrees and 40 to 50% relative humidity.
- The noise level in the manufacturing areas is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel may be required.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability