5 days ago - req17452
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
The LEAN deployment program within ASML Customer Support is a major change transformation that requires detailed co-ordination of project and change management elements, training and coaching, event planning, execution & follow up, problem solving and the reporting of the benefits of the program.
As a LEAN Expert you will co-lead the Lean transformation within Customer Support with local management towards sustainable improvement, aiming at an overall breakthrough on cost effectiveness and inventory reduction according to the deployment roadmap. You will provide support to the line organization through planning, execution and providing follow up on the deployment activities. Co-ordinate the necessary training and coaching to employees, including leadership teams, and build internal capabilities through train-the-trainer concepts. The results of the deployment (deliverables, business impact and mindset change) are owned by the management team.
As a LEAN Expert you will respectfully challenge the status quo and act as a role model for Lean thinking, and thereby act as a change agent to help ASML’s Customer Support sector in the transformation towards a Lean organization. The LEAN Expert position is 100% dedicated to the Customer Support Lean deployment as a fulltime member of the program core team and will report directly in to the Regional LEAN leader.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
- Project leadership: co-designs and runs Lean transformations in specific areas - Is the project leader:
- Defines the overall work plan.
- Coordinates the project teams through different phases.
- Ensures support, provides adequate status updates.
- Shares responsibility to reach the target together with line management.
- Enforces prerequisites for sustainability of results.
- Ensures transfer to line/process manager.
- Mindset changes: transform mindsets to maintain continuous improvement efforts beyond project activities and change current way of working to a Lean way of working.
- Problem solving leadership: contributes to the improvement of the whole operations value stream by participating in and facilitating problem solving sessions.
- Knowledge transfer: trains and coaches ASML employees, and management on LEAN principles and behaviors.
- Continuous improvement: identifies potentials for new improvements.
- Business case: evaluates financial consequences of required resources to implement LEAN concepts and translates the realized improvements into positive business impact.
- Bachelor/Master degree or equivalent experience.
- Six Sigma highly preferred.
- 7 yrs experience in Manufacturing (e.g. line, engineering), has a general understanding of technical topics (through technical background or job experience).
- Experience in LEAN deployment or application is an absolute pre.
- Additional relevant experience with continuous improvement methods (problem solving, six sigma) or change/ project management experience.
- Able to drive, steer, convince and influence others (influencing without power).
- Actively gives and seeks constructive feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels (operational – executive).
- Excellent active listening skills and solution focused team mentality.
- Demonstrated facilitation and training competencies.
- Delivers fact-based and well-structured messages in a range of different formats, e.g. presentation, written messages.
- Able to build strong networks and effectively engage and manage stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization, from team members on the field to Senior Managers.
- Ability to positively message and impact change and LEAN mindset as a business necessity.
- A belief in 'walking the talk' and working as a member of a team.
- Demonstrates a passion for Continuous Improvement and exhibits a positive and solution focused mentality; can think outside of the box.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- 25% domestic and international travel.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability