3 days ago - req17463
Mechanical Design Lead Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is hiring!
We offer you a position in a team that consists of skilled, motivated people that have a passion for technology.
At ASML we push capabilities of our technology to the level that is considered to be impossible by external experts. We also have a huge drive to truly understand what’s physically happening on the nanometer scale that we are examining. Though we stay pragmatic as our customers need real solutions, not just theories.
Do you see yourself in this picture? Do you like to be challenged with complex problems and deliver solutions starting from scratch? Are you eager to contribute to the mechanical development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech lithography system? Excited to join a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic and international environment?
Perhaps it’s time to advance your career and become a part of progress, and join ASML in the role of Mechanical Design Engineer (Multi Beam Inspection).
- Specify, design and test main frame constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning.
- Developed product meets all specifications, deviations are accepted.
- Product specifications are feasible, known to all relevant parties and relevant underlying assumptions and restrictions are understood, technical product documentation (TPD) is up-to-date and of good quality.
- You are responsible for the design of a mechanical (sub-)module, and you will ensure specifications regarding safety, reliability, stability, contamination free, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability.
- You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, possible steering one or more designers, working in a mechanical team.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
- Interfaces with Project Leader and Architects.
- Some autonomy within own area of expertise, works independently, within practices and procedures. Issues are discussed with team/TL.
Master in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Precision-, Micro-, Nano- engineering.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- NX experience is a pre, 3D CAD experience is a must.
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive own development.
Context of the position
You will be part of a project team and report directly to the team lead who is in charge of the detailed activity plans. The project leader defines scope and timing of project milestones. Specification of requirements typically come from a mechanical architect or lead engineer. Sometimes communication with ASML suppliers is required.
You will become part of the MDEV Multi Beam Inspection group of which your groupleader will be the hiring manager.
Has autonomy within own area of expertise, works independently, within practices and procedures.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
You may also attach a portfolio.