16 days ago - req17410
Optical Bonding Technician (1st Shift)
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
Accurately manufacture and supply all ASML products in accordance with the established specification statements. Make improvements to existing products and processes, and guide the implementation of new products and processes. Ensure quality and standardization while contributing to improvements in effectivity and efficiency.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
Without direct supervision, will clean, inspect, and assemble / bond precision optical components. Assemble the complete unit; verify accuracy of finished product, as well as support processes and product development.
- Applicant will be responsible for all phases of the Optical Fabrication precision assembly process, including inspecting, cleaning, bonding / assembling, testing, and packing of the finished product.
- Adherence to ISO standards for paperwork and record keeping.
- Visual surface inspection of all optical components to ISO standards.
- Protect and wash components.
- Ability to work safely on fragile, high value optics without automated assistance.
- Measures work-piece for conformance to specifications.
- Notifies supervisor of discrepancies.
- Accurately assemble the sub components and perform visual and interferometric inspection.
- Follows written English work instructions that describe the process and the required measurements.
- Possesses strong blueprint interpretation skills.
- Familiarity with using the following measurement tools: dial indicators and Keyence gauges and software.
- Verify settings by regularly measuring parts before and after changes are made.
- Maintain continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs to supervisors and co-workers on other shifts.
- Maintain safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Candidate will be required to wear PPE where appropriate and embrace the ASML 5S+1 requirements.
- Candidate must be able to wear clean room attire daily.
High School or trade school graduate or G.E.D, or equivalent experience.
- Proven knowledge (3-5 Years) of precision optical bonding / assembly experience.
- SAP operation and knowledge, along with writing disturbance and material notifications as needed is a must.
- Intermediate mathematical skills including use of basic math, geometry and trigonometry.
- Intermediate computer skills and familiarity with Windows10, Windows 7, MS Office, and SAP.
- Prior optical handling, testing, or fabrication experience is preferred.
- Strong analytical skills – capable of translating requirements into executable schedule.
- Cross train and support cross functional groups.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate one on one and in small groups to operators, management, and engineers.
- Embraces challenges and problem solving – always strives to continually improve.
- Strong organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Teamwork oriented.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, solvents and tooling.
- May also be exposed to laser energy, magnetic fields.
- Typically handles parts that could weigh up to 35 pounds.
- Will be required to stand, sit, kneel and bend to load and unload the surfaces of the machine tools.
- Production areas are maintained at 70 to 72 degrees.
- The noise level in the manufacturing areas is usually moderate.
- Occasional travel may be required.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability