11 days ago - req17449
Other corporate functions
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other corporate functions
Other technical job categories
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our main headquarters are located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we also have 18 office locations around the United States- including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry.ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in the United States, Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, and Taiwan. Additionally, ASML provides optimal service to its customers via over 50 sales and service organizations in 16 countries. Founded in the Netherlands in 1984, the company is publicly traded on Euronext Amsterdam and NASDAQ under the symbol ASML.
The Safety Specialist provides technical assistance in the development and implementation of ASML Wilton’s Workplace Safety program and supports the Environmental Program.
- Support ASML Wilton’s EHS Staff and ASML Corporate staff in the continuous improvement of workplace safety and OSHA compliance.
- in the development and implementation of programs and procedures to assure compliance with applicable Federal, State, and Local occupational safety standards and ASML Corporate requirements.
- in the development and presentation of workplace safety training, including new hire orientation EHS&S training and training tracking.
- in communication with contractors regarding ASML EHS expectations and compliance requirements.
- facilities and operations personnel in planning for compliance of new and modified processes and operations as a result of internal or external changes (management of change).
- with data collection and analysis.
- with annual roadmap/master plan updates for workplace.
- with routine internal reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual updates).
- with relevant ISO compliance audits.
- Serve on ASML Wilton’s Site Safety Committee.
- Participate in incident investigations, reporting, and implementation of corrective actions.Assist with related OSHA recordkeeping requirements.
- Reviews procedures to evaluate safety levels for new products to mitigate potential health and safety hazards.
- Participate in EHS compliance assessments of ASML and contractor operations.
- Support Hazardous Substances Management Program (new chemical approval, SDS updates, quarterly audit of database, exposure calculations, in-house hazardous chemical container labeling program).
- Conduct business with the highest ethical standards and demonstrate decision-making skills that ensure the safety of all persons associated with ASML operations.
- Other relevant EHS duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferable in a safety related filed, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of industrial / workplace safety.
- Environmental experience is a plus.
- Emergency Response/Management experience is a plus.
- Proficient skills and effective use of Microsoft Office applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of Federal OSHA, State, and Local safety regulations.
- Knowledge of occupational health and safety programs such as LOTO, Crane and Hoist, Powered Industrial Truck, Working from Heights, Machine Guarding, etc.
- Familiarity with National Consensus Standards related to Occupational Safety such as ANSI and NFPA.
- Ability to assess and audit various workplace environments for potential hazards and effect corrective action.
- Ability to interface with other departments and outside contractors or regulatory agencies in an effective and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize under dynamic conditions.
- Excellent troubleshooting/problem solving skills; “solutions oriented”.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Ability to wear a clean room suit as necessary (not a daily requirement).
- Ability to climb ladders and lift and move materials of reasonable size and weight.
Context of the position
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on company needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability