30+ days ago - req17491
Senior Application Engineer - Customer Support
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
ASML is a market leader in scanning lithography technology. We provide chipmakers with hardware, software and services to mass produce patterns on silicon. This role is positioned in the Customer Support Applications Engineering department which acts as the bridge between global customers and ASML’s engineering development. Our mission is to ensure optimal use of ASML technology for customers’ production processes. As a Senior Application Engineer you will be the driving force in enabling worldwide customers to meet their semiconductor process roadmap using ASML technology. Are you the technical guru we’re looking for to make an impact on the semiconductor industry?
Your main mission is to closely engage with our customers to propose tailormade high-tech solutions. With your innovative mindset, you go above and beyond to help our partners reach their production goals.
Secondly, you will shape our partners’ requirements and drive for solutions within engineering development. You will ensure both structural issue resolution as well as identify potential revenue generation.
Finally, you will train your colleagues on new means and methods that you have developed with a team. Besides the technical focus, you will also have the opportunity to guide junior engineers in their soft skills development.
As a key expert in the applications team, you establish new ways of working to create tomorrow’s value through new ASML products and services. By leading performance improvement projects in a complex environment, your work will have a significant business impact. Your technical knowledge about photolithography applications allows you to fulfill a consultancy role within ASML.
In addition, you excel in data processing (e.g.: MATLAB/ Python/ R) and statistical analysis in order to interpret customer data from various use cases and machines. Combined with your decision-making and communication skills, you propose timely and high-quality solutions which make optimal use of existing methods.
Your main interfaces are ASML’s global customers and ASML colleagues from various disciplines including business and operations experts. In addition, you create new channels of communication by recognizing where collaboration can be strengthened in order to achieve business growth.
This job requires up to 20% of international travel to provide tailor-made support to our customers.
BSc, MSc or PhD in Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry or a similar engineering degree.
- At least 5 years of experience working in the semiconductor industry, preferably establishing success for the next semiconductor technology node in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with photolithography applications and/ or equipment supporting photolithography processes.
- Proven track record leading a technical team in bringing complex issues to successful resolution.
- Experience in customer support role.
- Experience with working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Strong customer focus and ability to build long-term partnerships.
- Combine leadership with excellent investigative and analytical skills to deliver timely, high-quality solutions.
- Manage and convince multiple stakeholders on technical direction/strategy.
- Strong collaboration with team members while empowering them through technical and soft skill coaching.
- Strong communication skills (spoken and written English) to convey new ideas to internal and external customers.
Context of the position
Based at ASML global headquarters in the Netherlands, you will have the unique opportunity to benefit from a high quality of living, excellent work/life balance and being surrounded by a large expat community. We welcome international candidates to join our diverse and inclusive team and offer a relocation package if hired from abroad.
This job is challenging and fast-paced while also being highly rewarding. It will involve continuous professional and personal development. If you meet the above requirements and consider yourself to have the right combination of technical, analytical and personal skills, apply now!
Please include your resume and a cover letter when applying for this role where you explain your motivation to join our team.