5 days ago - req17424
(Senior) Manager Public Private Partnerships
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Are you a self-starting, independent, deadline driven, multi-tasking project manager with great affection for technology and government affairs? Then we have a job for you!
The Public Private Partnerships team (PPP) is part of BD Government and External Affairs. The primary responsibilities of PPP are (i) to connect economical instruments both in the Netherlands, and in the European Union to ASML’s R&D activities and long-term technology roadmap, and (ii) to act as liaison between ASML and Dutch and European innovation/industry policy makers.
As Senior Manager Public Private Partnerships you are concerned with all activities aimed at supporting ASML and the partners in its ecosystem to National and European funding for strategic technology projects. In particular you are focused on securing ASML participation in grants and incentive programs like the Dutch “WBSO” and EUR&D&I cooperative programs. In this role, you combine strong organizational skills to a drive for execution and a flair for government relations and networking.
In this role you have the following tasks and responsibilities:
- You maintain close cooperation with technology project leaders/owners and other internal ASML stakeholders to make sure ASML projects are optimally aligned with relevant grants, incentive and funding programs from start to finish.
- You outline the technical scope of ASML’s Dutch/EU funded R&D&I consortium projects, in line with ASML’s long-term technology roadmap.
- You initiate new requests, meaning you keep track of upcoming funding calls, determine their relevance for ASML, prepare the request and coordinate the internal approval process.
- You interact with administrative representatives of public authorities in national and EU subsidy programs.
- You act as ASML’s and consortia’s point of contact for the relevant directories of the European Commission.
- You take care of the administrative preparation and execution of new funding requests, addressing legal and financial aspects (e.g., collaboration contracts, IP, and NDA's), involving internal/external expertise where needed.
- After project initiation you act as intermediary, during all phases of the projects, between ASML, consortium partners and public authorities.
- You coordinate necessary activities during project execution, incl. monitoring project progress status, arrange for necessary compliance data, and report technical as well as financial progress, based on inputs from beneficiaries.
- You secure proper closing in compliance with closing procedures, incl. final reporting and documentation.
- You liaise between internal and external stakeholders, partners and government to secure that ASML's interests are covered in planned or future grants and incentive programs.
- You align conditions with realization potential (and vice versa), securing ASML interests and provide input for lobbying with internal and external stakeholders / partners where needed.
MSc/PhD in physics, electrical engineering or mechanics
- ≥15 years of working experience in technical projects in the industry
- Extended experience in managing complex projects in an international context
- Understanding of ASML’s technical content and its ecosystem is preferred
- Experience with change management processes, including influencing organizations inside and outside ASML is a strong advantage
- You possess affinity with legal, IP and financial aspects of projects
Functional competences and skills:
- Project management: you are able to manage high visibility, complex projects in multiple areas (technology, strategy, financial, legal, HR, Tax). You take into account potential barriers to realize the long-term plan.
Leadership and behavioral competencies and skills:
- You possess a solid presence and a natural authority
- You use your strongly developed diplomatic and negotiation skills to influence a wide range of internal and external stakeholders from a non-hierarchical position
- You are self-driven and proactive
- You are structured and conscientious
- Your verbal and written communication skills are excellent both in Dutch and English, and in addition German or French
- You are able to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically
- You personify the ASML values, especially reliability and integrity
Context of the position
You report to: Head of BD Government and External Affairs (GEA)
- Internal: GEA, System Engineering, Research, Legal, CIP and Finance.
- External:Counterparts at suppliers and technology partners (consortium members), representatives of Dutch and European governments at administrative level, and various European organizations and associations (e.g., ECSEL JU).
Please apply with CV and cover letter.