4 days ago - req17482
Sr. Software QA Manager
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
We are looking for an exceptionally skilled hands-on Software QA Manager to join our Software department in the ASML - HMI.
The Software QA Manager is responsible for managing the overall system test strategy and functions for all software integration efforts. Responsible for all aspects of quality control throughout the software development cycle. This involves continual development and implementation of rigorous testing methods and procedures to evaluate the quality of the developing software project. Set the tone and direction together with software architects, engineers and project leads for all quality assurance efforts. You will also be responsible for the coordination of patches, off cycle and quarterly releases across the products by managing release processes through development, integration, beta, performance and production environments.
The key responsibilities also include
- Managing the Software QA team, implementing, enforcing and maintaining of QA standards and processes in a fast-paced environment.
- Leading QA Engineers to develop test scenarios and cases from the requirements provided by software architects and Application engineers.
- Assisting and running the day-to-day operations of all QA Engineers.
- Ensuring automation is elevated from an afterthought to a key part of the quality assurance process.
- Define, implement and manage the software release process for HMI products.
- Fosters collaboration between engineering teams. Implements ongoing quality improvement processes and drive quality initiatives.
- 10% travel – Domestic and International
- Provide leadership to the quality assurance engineering team including assigning work and thinking through the right approach to testing complex functionality while mimicking real work scenarios and workflows used by the business.
- Demonstrate strong management skills in understanding project goals, individual role operations, the delivery process, identify testing dependencies, highlight issues, and risks to project team.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations.
- Analyze, design, plan, develop, and implement the testing strategies, plans, cases, and scenarios needed to validate business rules and requirements while determining the appropriate testing techniques for user interfaces and non-UI elements in multiple environments.
- Collaborate with Application Engineers to identify, isolate, document, and resolve issues and defects found during development and by users.
- Collaborate closely with product managers, project manager (agile), automation test developers and software engineers to define best practices for testing our applications (both internal and external facing)
- Develops, manages, reports, and Design and implement KPIs to measure the effectiveness and performance of the Software Release Process and uses Quality Assurance metrics to identify areas for performance improvement.
- Participate in frequent retrospective and postmortem discussions while providing critical analysis with a focus on process improvement and conflict resolution.
- Drives a culture of excellence and high performance guiding the team to excel at delivering on key commitments.
- Release management in forward planning the release windows and cycles across a portfolio. Manage and comply with release schedule and maintain release milestones. Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews Participate in co-sign meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineeringor other engineering disciplines
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant, work related experience in QA engineering, with hand’s on approach
- Minimum 5 years in leading / managing a Software Quality Assurance team, including Release Management experience. Leadership skills.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle, testing methodologies, QA terminology and processes
- Strong knowledge in QA test tools and frameworks. Practical experience using source code control systems
- Familiarity with C#, C++, Windows and Linux environments.
- Excellent communication skill
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodology.
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Ability to define and implement tool strategy, reusable end-to-end system test automation frameworks. Develop scalable and reusable automation test scripts and execute them in an Agile/Scrum-based software development environment.
- Ability to coordinate between cross-functional teams and be a cross-functional influencer
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent software releases
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to build processes from ground level.
- A willingness to take ownership of projects and drive them to completion. Persistent and inquisitive problem solver, committed to driving quality forward
- Creative thinker and strong problem solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Oversee the design and implementation of validation procedures, test plans, and test cases.
- Lead efforts to enhance and make the testing process more efficient.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal) including the ability to communicate technical concepts to a non-technical audience
- Excellent team communication and mentorship skills.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability