30+ days ago - req17559
Architect PAS 5500 Electronics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by the engineering of electronic / electrical solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better apply today!
As Architect PAS 5500 Electronics you specify the new rack design, manage the design outsourcing, align the design with the Software Development team, manage the system integration and transfer the new design to Customer Support (CS), Manufacturing and Logistics.
The Architect PAS 5500 Electronics is responsible for the following:
- Act as the Electronic Development (EDEV) representative in a multidisciplinary design team;
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the software, opto-mechanics and mechatronics department;
- Define, document and maintain specifications of the electrical architecture of the modules and sub-systems of the PAS 5500 systems;
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders;
- Make work breakdown and planning for the various measurement electronics products, adjusted with other stakeholders;
- Manage the outsourcing of the rack redesigns;
- Act as a technical coach for other designers;
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers;
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Bachelor or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Work experience in a similar role and extensive experience as an Electronics Designer;
- +8 years of experience in system design for state-of-the-art multidisciplinary systems;
- Broad technical knowledge of electronics with proven (basic) knowledge of software, optics and mechatronics.
- Highly motivated, team player with good social- and communication skills;
- Show initiative, responsibility and take ownership;
- Pro-active, high drive attitude;
- Leadership: ability to give technical direction in a team of designers;
- Structured with eye for details;
- Accurate and problem-solving;
- Pragmatic attitude;
- Affinity with physics, mechanics and / or mechatronics is a pre;
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
Context of the position
The Business Line Mature Products and Services (BL MPS) of ASML is responsible for the sustaining of the PAS 55000 systems, which are the 200mm wafer Lithography systems in the ASML portfolio. Part of BL MPS is the MPS D&E team and in this D&E team we have an Electronic Development section. The Electronic Development section is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within the PAS 5500 products. BL MPS will extend the PAS 5500 systems life-cycle to the year 2030 or beyond. For this a redesign of all of the electronic racks in the PAS 5500 system is started.