18 days ago - req17583
Component Engineer Cables/Racks/Cabinets
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
‘Excellent designs are characterized by the right balance between function, quality, cost and logistical performance’. ‘Catalog components set the boundaries of design performance’.
Do these statements match your experiences in electronics design? Are you challenged by negotiating this balance with multi-disciplinary, internal and external stakeholders? Can you push tomorrow’s boundaries? Join us.
Support realization of the ASML product roadmap by expert knowledge on component technology and market development.
Ensure availability of the best off-the-shelf component solutions the market has to offer ASML.
Drive Life Cycle Management of ASML products through active project involvement and up-to-date component information.
As a component engineer your focus will be on selection, qualification and accurate registration of catalog materials and customized derivatives of these. To ensure smooth and efficient introduction of new materials, early involvement in design activities or issue resolution is key. In your job you will be the linking pin between designers, manufacturers, supply chain engineers and procurement officers providing advice and guard the balance between technology, quality, cost and logistics.
- Build and maintain expertise within the assigned product category
- Drive interaction between design projects and component engineering team
- Support designers in making the best component selections
- Selection, qualification and introduction of new components in the ASML database
- Facilitate and monitor development of customized derivatives
- Guard the quality of the component information in the database
- Lead root cause analysis and improvement actions for component failure issue.
Bachelor degree in electrical engineering or similar level acquired by working experience.
- More than 5 years in electronics design
- Affinity with production equipment and (cleanroom) tooling
- Knowledge of industry regulations (CE, UL, IEC)
- Rack and Cabinet Assemblies
- Cables, Cable design and Cable products.
- Convincing by collaborating and emphasizing for customers/designers needs
(Team player with good social- and communication skills)
- Positive energy with a can-do mentality
- Influencing without authority
- Fluent Dutch and English in word and in writing.
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design, and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E, the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, and qualification of electronic functions and modules within these products. Within EDEV, the group Component Engineering is responsible for supporting electronic-based solutions and for support on delivery of these solutions. The component engineer will report to the manager of the Component Engineering group
Please add your recent complete resume and cover letter to apply for this position.
We cannot process your application without the above mentioned documents.