26 days ago - req17523
Customer Support Engineer
In a nutshell
Shanghai - TCN, China
Scope of the role
Scope of the role * Has some freedom of actions, partly determine the "what" to be achieved. Execute
and support the problem solving. Works within basic contexts.
* Sphere of influence in broad products / functionalities and cross-sector.
* Contributes, explanators or supports impact
Team and customer interaction * Operates in team. Act as a resource for users on routine malfunctions. Interfaces
with customer process engineer or senior engineer level.
* Has little customer interaction in customer environment with customer senior
* Has little or no account team involvement.
Specific requirements Works in shifts/mostly located at customer site
Functional competencies and skills
Specific technical capability * Is technically skilled at a high level (L3). Is able to find info and knowledge about
parts in databas*
* Knows the functionality of the main product modules/sub-modules and attunes to
Problem solving * Handles clear problems.
* Defines and analyses more complex problems; freedom to decide possible causes.
Recognizes immediate consequences. Contributes to improvements in process,
procedure at function level.
Profesional interaction in customer
* Communicates clearly about technical subjects to less experienced engineers.
* Has moderate technical impact to customer.
Initiates and supports in escalations * Initiates escalation (to third line) through normal way of working (process) & starts
evaluating current processes and procedures in order to make improvements
Leadership and behavioral competencies and skills
Achieve great results * Initiative
Takes ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations take place Initiates
escalation process & starts evaluating current processes and procedures in order to
* Planning & Prioritizing
Demonstrates troubleshooting ability at a reasonable level & works largely
unsupervised at a technical level. Is capable of integrating required resources/team up
to resolving 90% of issues.
Shape the future * Understands the needs of the customer. Discusses internal changes according to
Motivate others and cooperate * Team work
Requires some supervision & knows his/her limits & asks for help as require*
* Sharing Knowledge
Clarifies own knowledge and skills that may be of use to others. Shares information
in an understandable and accessible manner.
Guides less experience colleagues
Leverage own strength * Is a proactive member of the team within own functional area