11 days ago - req17515
PLC Lead Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by the engineering of electrical connectivity solutions for high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline? You’d better contact us today!
As a PLC Lead Designer, you are defining, realizing and maintaining SW for Beckhoff PLC’s within various electronics concepts and products in the field of monitoring the Beam Transport System and Final Focus Unit for the EUV Source. This for existing and new ASML products.
The Designer BECKHOFF PLC SW designer is responsible for the following:
- Act as the Electronic Development representative in a multidisciplinary design team.
- Interact intensively with colleagues from the function and the SW department.
- Define, document and maintain specifications of SW components for BECKHOFF PLC’s.
- Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions. Get agreement with stakeholders.
- Make work breakdown and effort estimation, adjusted with other stakeholders.
- Give direction on PLC roadmap
- Coordination of outsourcing activities for hardware and software PLC design
- Solve problems during first system integration.
- Transfer knowledge to production- and service-engineers.
- Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
Bachelor degree (or higher) in electrical engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience as Designer BECKHOFF PLC SW (TWINCAT3), including experience with working in multidisciplinary design teams to establish agreement on specifications.
- Work experience with PLC applications (SOFT-PLC, SAFETY-PLC, HMI)
- Knowledge and experience with guarding of Human-safety w.r.t. extreme high power laser light by the means of interlocks, temperature switches and manual switches
- Knowledge of at least one Object Oriented Programming language(e.g. python, C++, C#)
- Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow
-High motivated team player with good social- and communication skills.
-Structured with eye for details.
-Leadership (pro-active attitude).
-Accurate, systematic approach, analytical, problem solving.
-Fluent English in word and in writing (Dutch preferable).
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio.
Within the sector D&E the department Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV the group Laser Light Generation and Positioning is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electrical functions and modules.
The Designer BECKHOFF PLC SW reports to the group leader Laser Light Generation and Positioning Electronics or delegated team leader.