29 days ago - req17595
U.S. Continental Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Chandler - AZ, US
Other job categories
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Ensure execution of the customer support operation in order to support customers and accomplish ASML BL MPS business objectives. This role will require up to 50% travel, and office location is flexible.
Key Areas of Responsibility (KAR’s):
- Management: Ensure adequate staff and productive working conditions within the region by executing the Human Resources policies. Instruct and support the activities and control the Regional Customer Support actions. Set priorities, solve problems and ensure timely and correct execution to conform to planning.Spend up to 30% of time coaching and developing the leadership skills of the organization.
- Customer Support Operation: Mobilize resources to provide service for ASML products and ensure customer satisfaction. Improve communication and performance of the Customer Support organization. Work with ASML customer organization to gather information and ensure Service meets customer requirements.
- Account Support Team: Participate in the Account Support Team organization in order to solve issues in an effective and efficient way and escalate as needed.Ensure the conditions exist to avoid problems and to support the organizations ability to deal with occurring issues effectively.
- Budget: Monitor and manage financial budget and service costs to ensure cost effective Customer Support operation.Also ensure that resources are prepared to support ASML in meeting revenue and margin targets.
- WW MPS: Increase collaboration and communication of continental and international operations within the CS MPS MT and MPS BL. This includes such items such as implementing and improving policies, processes, procedures, data base management, KPI, and administrative control.
- Cross Segment US: Align and partner with CS DUV for general, installation, and escalation support of Twinscan systems in customer locations with existing PAS equipment.Align with US leadership on country and HR matters.
- Mature Products Services (MPS BL) in the US is responsible for all PAS Steppers and Scanners support, which includes the installation, relocation, regular maintenance, escalation support, and option upgrades of approximately 450 systems.We also support some Twinscan systems at various customer sites which utilize a mixture of PAS and Twinscan systems at 200 mm configurations.
Position in the value chain:
- ASML MPS plays a neutral to major role at the many customer sites we support across the US.At some sites we are the main labor and part provider to the customer, and they are dependent on ASML to execute at or above contractual obligations.At other sites we are the technical labor resource and supplier of lower usage parts for the customer who has internal skilled labor and the resources to repair or second source high usage parts.The main competitors for labor are former ASML engineers who either work independently as 3rd parties, or engineers who are employed by the customer.
Other relevant organizational aspects:
- The MPS organization in the US is divided into 5 main regions of which ~20 states and Canada are covered by ~100 engineers and ~10 managers.Meeting customer expectations for down equipment and considering the work/life balance of the teams is a challenging aspect of the role. The team is responsible for 3 different, aging, and varying in condition platforms, and are limited by the financial restrictions of our customers.
Key Issues Facing Your Job:
- Providing a balance of high quality, experienced, and qualified labor at the required margin, while balancing cost pressures from the customer year on year.
- Competing with third party threats that offer reduced cost, less experience, and lower quality parts and services.
- Ensuring my managers continue to gain knowledge to negotiate both internally and externally and have the additional understanding needed to fully execute service contracts.
- Financial and Headcount Budget.
- Individual appraisal scores and promotions.
- Customer satisfaction actions.
- KPI performance for the country, managers, and their teams.
- Key input to business objections for the BL.
Other significant relationships – internal:
- Attend meetings with CS DUV as needed to ensure a strong partnership exists to support mixed fabs(PAS and TWINSCAN).Attend meetings with US leadership to ensure MPS has a voice in the decisions which impact the engineers and managers working in the US.
Other significant relationships – external:
- Quarterly business reviews with major customers, such as NXP, Broadcom, ON, and TI, are essential in understanding what drives the customer’s business and how ASML can be a partner and contributor to their success.
Masters Degree or equivalent experience.
- Background in the semiconductor or equivalent industry, with experience in customer support and business expertise for the operational side.
- Leadership experience and ability to increase this skill, while developing the skills of the entire team and their reports, through the opportunities and tasks that exist.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Location in USA is Flexible as this role requires high travel in any event, estimated at > 50%.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability