28 days ago - req17617
FLEX Electromechanical Engineer (Junior Level)
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Jose - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
The FLEX Electromechanical Engineer position located in ASML's San Jose, CA office is set to play an important role in layout, routing, part selection, design, implementation, testing and troubleshooting of all electrically-driven devices in our new SEM (Scanning Electron Microscope) systems, including stages, robots, motors, pumps, fans, PLC, etc. While function performances of each equipped device must meet system’s requirements, minimization of electronic noises/interferences, acoustic noises, mechanical vibration and heat dissipation must also be taken into comprehensive consideration to these sensitive systems. Industrial standards/regulations should be conformed and high reliability should be ensured.
- The job requires work planning and coordination for self and other team members.
- A close work together with other SEM engineers, system engineers, electrical engineers, mechanical engineers, manufacture engineers and field service engineers.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical Engineering or Applied Physics, decent knowledge in electromechanical engineering with wide scope to most related fields.
- Our ideal candidate for this role is a motivated entry level mechanical engineer that understands how electrical and mechanical modules and components must work in concert for a piece of equipment to function properly.
- For example, some exposure to electro-mechanical design related experience on electrical modules, racks and cabinets with skilled usage of NX (preferred)/Solidworks design.
- NX experience is highly desired, but not required.
- Independent working ability; strong initiative, self-motivation and team-working attitude, strong English oral and written communication skills.
- Previous working experience in electron-beam scanning microscope systems is a plus, electronic modules and semiconductor industrial is a plus.
- Cable routing experience is a plus
Context of the position
This role is FLEX (aka temporary/contractor) - not an employee position.If you are hired for this role, you will be payrolled through one of ASML Payroll Vendors.You will work directly for that vendor agency for ASML San Jose.As a FLEX, we pay reasonable hourly rates for the role and region; however no relocation or housing costs are paid for FLEX roles.There is no guarantee or commitment to convert a FLEX to a FTE role as that decision is based on many factors.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/DisabilityRequisition will NOT be posted