25 days ago - req17650
Physics/Optics Designer NXE Stage Position Measurement
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Mechanical engineering, Optical engineering
Are you a designer with some years engineering expertise, looking for a challenging design role in ASML’s Stage Position measurement Group? Do you wish to learn about all aspects of incorporating and operating a position measurement system in an ASML scanner?
Contribute to the design of the highly accurate interferometry based position measurement system for our scanner, including industrialization and utilization aspects thereof.
You are part of an Agile team of eight multidisciplinary designers, who are in close contact with NXE Volume Products D&E, factory and customer support to sustain and improve our currently used products.
As a designer you are responsible for:
- Specifying (parts of) interferometer/encoder systems and their interfaces to the machine as input for mechanical, electrical and software designs
- Specifying (parts of) calibration and diagnostics functionality for these systems
- Interfacing to software and hardware designers to get the designs implemented
- Functionally testing the implementation on machine
- Monitoring the technical status of our SPM solutions in our installed base
- Investigating upcoming issues in existing machines, finding containments, seeking root causes
- Maintaining and improving the required SPM development information for factory and customer support
University, Master in Applied Physics or similar.
- 0 to 5yr development experience with sufficient technical depth.
- ASML experience preferred.
- Experience with optics or measurement techniques preferred.
- Team player, responsible, reliable, flexible, committed.
- Strong pragmatic attitude, inquisitive, self-propelling and enthusiastic;
- Out-of-the-box thinker, analytical thinkin
Context of the position
This position is in the EUV Stage Position Measurement group (SPM); a group of functional architects, functional designers and integrators who define and engineer interferometry based position measurement systems (interferometers, encoders) in all of ASML products. These systems are mostly developed in close cooperation with specialized suppliers outside ASML. Laser technology, Fibers, Optics, Mechanics, Electronics, Algorithms, Mathematical models, Calibration and Diagnostics software are key elements of such a system. We work in all phases of the product lifecycle; from feasibility through actual development and integration to sustaining the installed base. Due to its function in our machines it offers the opportunity to either work on a very detailed level or focus on the multidisciplinary interfacing of the measurement system towards its surrounding.