6 days ago - req17828
Design Engineer Interferometers
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Sub-nanometer stage positioning is critical for ASML machines and is enabled by our stage position sensors. We are looking for an interferometer designer who can contribute to the realization of these stage position sensors.
The Stage Position Measurement (SPM) group within the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of interferometer and encoder based position measurement systems in a range of ASML products. Optics, mechanics, electronics, mathematical models and software for calibration and diagnostics are key elements of such a system. As an SPM designer you will be involved in all phases of the product lifetime: feasibility, development, integration and sustaining of the installed base.
We're searching for an interferometer designer:
- You will design our interferometer system by doing optical analyses and simulations. This will result in hardware requirements for optical and electronic components
- You will create rapid prototypes by performing experiments on an optical table
- You will specify requirements for software components for signal processing, calibrations and interfaces to the machine
- You will investigate complex structural issues in our position measurement systems and work on a solution by collaborating with software, mechanical and electronics development teams.
- You will perform functional tests of both hardware and software by doing simulations or running tests on a system. You will analyze the measurement data using Matlab and document obtained results
University, Master or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, (Applied) Physics.
- 3 to 7 years development experience
- Experience with interferometers or optical sensors in general
- Matlab for data analysis and simulation
- Team player
- Pragmatic with result oriented attitude
- Takes the initiative
- Good communication and stakeholder management skills and excellent command of English language
- Can adapt quickly to changing scope and/or circumstances
Context of the position
The BM DE Sensors department is responsible for the development and maintenance of all sensors for all DUV systems.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.