30 days ago - req17849
Sr Electrical Architect
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Leads the definition, specification and validation of highly reliable electronics for EUV lightsources. Participates in cross-functional teams and works with other architects and engineering groups to outline and create Controls and Electrical Systems as well as associated engineering documentation. Contributes to roadmap planning, promotes innovation and incorporates relevant new technologies and methodologies. Provides guidance to the team with different technologies including cPCI, PCIe, PLC, EtherCAT, Ethernet, photo-detectors, differential signaling, wideband circuits; high speed embedded computing, VHDL, distributed signal acquisition, and signal integrity in a noisy environment. Assists management with schedule and project planning activities.
- Define, specify and oversee subsystems to meet the overall system specifications, costs and project planning boundaries. Cooperate with other disciplines and suppliers to ensure the timely realization of reliable, high availability and serviceable products. Participate in the definition of system specifications.
- Select the right hardware architecture to facilitate the efficient implementation of the required functionality within an intricate environment with multiple interdependencies.
- Take the lead in decisions about the direction that needs to be taken and drive these ideas.
- Show technical leadership to assist Electrical Engineers and steer them to use best design practices.
- Influence stakeholders to realize the hardware architecture changes and design methods.
- Review functional and hardware design documents.
- Take responsibility for the quality of hardware building blocks.
- Communicating with Architects and Designers from different fields.
Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering. Typically has advanced degree (Master's, PhD).
- Minimum of twelve (12) years of experience is required.
- Requires design experience with relevant technologies.
- Requires Analog and Digital Design circuit design fundamentals.
- Knowledge of FPGA design technologies and VHDL.
- Preferred knowledge of PCIe, FPGA, VHDL, PLC, embedded control, and EtherCAT.
- Hands on hardware design experience with analog and digital design solutions; including design requirements, detailed design & review, component selection & evaluation, procurement, design validaiton, and release.
- Hands on hardware troubleshooting experience with analog and digital designs at board, module and system level.
- Experience with engineering test equipment – logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, communication bus analyzers, etc.
- Experience with Schematic Capture, Simulation and Design Tools
- Ability to apply knowledge of installation, repair, and troubleshooting at board, module, and system level.
- Knowledge on change management and version control tools.
- Ability to write technical specifications, status reports, business correspondence and procedures
- Strong communicator with pragmatic attitude.
- Team player with quality orientation.
- Takes ownership, decisive.
- Demonstrated high level of accountability, responsibility and technical competence.
- Must be task focused and have a results oriented attitude and approach to the job responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a process driven team environment.
- Ability to use structured problem solving to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Broad technical knowledge of cabling concepts, connectivity concepts, EMC, safety.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability