30+ days ago - req17925
Customer Support Engineer
In a nutshell
Boise - ID, US
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This position is a M/F 8/5 w/On-call 5-7 days a week.The e-Beam inspection engineer will work other fab team engineers, applications engineers and the WW Support organizations to drive issue resolution and provide escalation support The e-Beamengineer will work with Competency Engineers to provide action plans, incident review and prevention packages, and best known methods.
Your main responsibilities:
- Continuity between the competencies to ensure issue ownership is landed and escalated appropriately.
- Maintain service order documentation up to date.
- Ensure aftercare is performed and adequate.
- Coordinate with the various competencies to resolve issues.
- Drive escalation of issues within the local office and utilizing non-local resources..
- Knowledge transfers to local site engineers and customer.
- Improve service mix and structural issue documentation including initiation, review and improvement rollout.
BSEE, BSME, or equivalent experience.
- Engineers with greater than 5 - 7 years’ experience in a CS support department for high tech products.E-Beam experience preferred.
- Engineers with at least 3 years of ASML Photo, Metrology Inspection or e-Beam Inspection experience preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience mentoring new hire engineers & helping integrate from a technical and procedural perspective.
- Must take ownership for solving issues and ensures escalations take place.
- Take proactive action for prevention or repeating error.
- Capable of resolving most issues without assistance & highly independent in a shift position.
- Ability to make decisions in the priority of problem solving.
- Work unsupervised and be responsible for projects, track equipment performance and prepare technical reports.
- Take initiative and ownership to increase skill and knowledge level in team.
- Document knowledge systematically and in an accessible way.
- Clear and effective communication skills required.
- Ability to thrive in a very dynamic and high pace environment.
- Multi-task team player with good ability to work under different working environment pressures.
- Open for cultural differences and able to work with a site of different cultures and WOW.
- Motivated, pro-active, self-driven, and flexible.
- Strong customer focus.
- Verbal and written language skills in English.
- Verbal and written language skills in Mandarin a plus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability