30+ days ago - req17923
Customer Support System Service Engineer
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Other technical job categories
As a Customer Support System Engineer you will act as the engineering ‘owner’ of Customer Support (CS) service products and will also be responsible for defining the CS requirements for ASML products relating to serviceability - a vital role as ASML has made commitments to customers concerning these products.
You will need to enhance your complex knowledge of how to service high-tech machines in a unique and highly demanding environment where performance, availability and cost are driving forces. Moreover, since service is a labor intensive activity, determining organizational impact and gauging human aspects are key components as well.
In addition to analytical skills, you will need excellent communication skills – to convince, motivate and inspire colleagues across multiple sectors working in different continents who are charged with implementing your requirements for process, organization and supporting infrastructure improvements. You have architectural ownership in driving for efficiency, cost reduction, work life balance and knowledge. You will also need to be a good listener and negotiator – ASML is filled with bright minds, and you must always be on the lookout for great ideas.
As a CS System Engineer you are responsible for the definition and verification of new products requirements to ensure these new products can be maintained by Customer Support. You will manage the CS requirements for products and participate in the definition, realization and verification activities.
- Responsible for the definition of the Service Requirement Specification (SRS) for PGP products
- Responsible for the definition of the Requirement Specification (RS) for non-PGP products
- Creation of a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) listing all required actions in close cooperation with CS Installed Base (IB) and New Product Introduction (NPI) Program Management.
- Responsible for the service product performance verification and qualification.
- Technical review of the project deliverables (subsystem performance qualification). Concerning service product performance issues support is given to both internal (Customer Support, Production Engineering, Marketing) and external customers.
- Contributes to the creation of the roadmap of the business drivers revenue (Service products) and cost (OPEX).
Your interfaces are within the sector CS with IB and NPI program Management, the CS Field Organization and Central Field Support, and cross sector with Industrial Engineering (IE), Development & Engineering (D&E), Information Technology (IT), Quality and Process Improvement (QPI) and Manufacturing & Logistics (M&L).
You are a member of the CS System Engineering group and have every day contacts with your colleagues in the group, project teams, Field, IT and IE.
MSc or PhD level in Industrial Engineering or Service Management combined with a technical background in physics, mechanics, mechatronics or information technology
Around 10 years of experience in a Service Engineering/ Hi-tech System Engineering environment or similar (proven experience with service design, system engineering, product development or service business development). Broad technical scope and track record in service or engineering leadership.
- Eagerness to learn and expand your skill set
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Result-oriented and high stress-tolerance.
Context of the position
CS System Engineering has two main tasks:
- Supporting the C S Management Team in realizing the vision and strategy with the definition of roadmaps, building blocks and projects for processes, organization and supporting infrastructure.
- Owning and Managing the CS requirements for PGP and non-PGP products: CS System Engineering defines the serviceability requirements for PGP products in the Service Requirement Specification (SRS) to ensure Customer Support can maintain these products at the ASML committed performance to Customers with acceptable cost.
- CS System Engineering translates the Customer Support requirements for new NON-PGP products set by CS Marketing into a product design. During the design and integration process System Engineering guides project teams, guards the specifications and verifies the performance at product level at the end of the development process. The definition and validation work is carried out in close cooperation with the CS architect.
Please apply with a recent CV and cover letter. We would like to hear from you what makes you a suitable candidate for this role.