30+ days ago - req17968
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. In addition ASML produces metrology tools and advanced applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process.
At Business Line Applications, we develop Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus, critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures).
ASML is looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join our Applied Data Science team. We are interested in engineers with strong knowledge and experience in ETL in an industrial environment.
You are expected to handle data from various data sources and determine how best to structure the data in order to provide data in a ready-to-use form to data scientists who are looking to run queries and algorithms against the information for predictive analytics, and machine learning. You will design and implement scalable data pipelines on the Hadoop ecosystem and related projects. You are expected to write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, and provide solutions for ensuring data quality and integrity.
The vacancy aims at supporting the development of new data analytics, visualizations and control solutions by cutting edge techniques from Machine Learning and Data Mining. Successful methodologies may be included in ASML customer applications.
M.Sc. in Computer/Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience in software development (strong coding and testing skills in Java, and/ or related languages)
- Experience of ETL in an industrial environment
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python)
- Familiar with different database architectures (SQL, MongoDB, etc.)
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem ( HBASE, Spark etc)
- Ability to communicate design of data pipelines with Data Architects and Data Scientists
- Experience working on practical applications using real-world datasets
- Experience with streaming architectures
- Handle, analyze and visualize complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying source
- Enthusiastic and intrinsically motivated
- Creative thinker
- Good & proactive communication in an international and multidisciplinary environment
- Taking responsibility, self-propelling
- Goal-oriented and flexible mindset, willing to acquire lithography and other semiconductor manufacturing knowledge
Context of the position
You will be a member of the Applied Data Science team in Development & Engineering of the Business Line Applications (On-Product Performance department, Data Science & Control Algorithms group) where you will interact with your peer data scientists. You will also be part of a multidisciplinary product development team, interacting with other departments (such as software development and customer support).
Travelling a few times per year to customers worldwide can be part of the job.
Keywords: Data Science, Data Engineering, Visual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Engineering, Hadoop,
Spark, HBase, R, ETL, Process Control, Semiconductors, Lithography