30+ days ago - req17967
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of semiconductor-chip-making equipment. A majority of the world’s microchips receive their critical lithographic patterning in machines made by ASML. In addition ASML produces metrology tools and advanced applications to analyze and optimize the performance of the customer production process.
At Business Line Applications, we develop Analytics & Control solutions that improve the accuracy of performance metrics (such as overlay, focus, critical dimension) as measured on the end product of a fab process (wafers with chip structures).
ASML is looking for Data Scientist to join our Applied Data Science team. We are interested in individuals with strong knowledge and experience in developing and evaluating Machine Learning & Data Mining algorithms as well as a broad interest in data handling, modeling and visualization.
- You will evaluate and apply new learning methodologies and develop solutions to improve on-customer-product performance obtained with ASML machines and applications.
By combining scanner and metrology data with information on fab usage conditions through techniques from the field of
- Data Science, you discover relations between stochastic variables and design robust and adaptive models that generalize well and can deal with uncertainty.
- Particularly, the vacancy aims at developing new data analytics, visualizations and control solutions by cutting edge techniques from Machine Learning and Data Mining. Successful methodologies may be included in ASML customer applications.
Ph.D. in Machine Learning/Data Science
- Experience in software development, strong coding skills, in a.o. Matlab, R, and Python
- Able to communicate complex mathematical concepts in a clear and precise manner
- Highly valued qualifications
- Experience working on practical applications using real-world datasets
- Able to handle, analyze and visualize complex, high-volume, high-dimensional data from varying sources
- Enthusiastic and intrinsically motivated,
- Creative thinker
- Good & proactive communication in an international and multidisciplinary environment
- Taking responsibility, self-propelling
- Goal-oriented and flexible mindset, willing to acquire lithography and other semiconductor manufacturing knowledge
Context of the position
You will be a member of the Applied Data Science team in Development & Engineering of the Business Line Applications (On-Product Performance department, Data Science & Control Algorithms group) where you will interact with your peer data scientists. You will also be part of a multidisciplinary product development team, interacting with other departments (such as software development and customer support).
Travelling a few times per year to customers worldwide can be part of the job.
Keywords: Data Science, Machine Learning, Statistical Pattern Recognition, Visual Analytics, Data Mining, Data Engineering, Hadoop, Map-Reduce, Bayesian Modeling, Process Control, Semiconductors, Lithography