30+ days ago - req17989
DUV Business Development Manager Options
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Sales & marketing
Other technical job categories
The NXT and XT installed base of ASML is growing and becoming an important revenue driver for Business Line (BL) DUV. We have a broad portfolio of field upgrade options available to continuously support our customers in upgrading their systems to their latest performance and capacity requirements. As BL DUV Business Development Manager Field Upgrade Options your mission will be to untap the potential of this portfolio in close cooperation with our Customer Support (CS) and Sales colleagues in the field.
Do you have a very good understanding of our customers’ (installed base) needs? Do you know how to manage the business development funnel from opportunity identification to revenue realization, while delivering monthly management reports? Do you have the interpersonal skills to continuously improve this cross-functional process, influence without power, and have a can-do collaborative mindset to get us moving? And, do you have the commercial and analytical skills to support the field in finding the right solutions in our existing options portfolio meanwhile closely working together with multiple departments and other BL’s? Then this position is the perfect opportunity for you!
You will be our change-driver to transform our reactive selling approach into pro-active installed base business development.
In this role you will mainly work from the Veldhoven, the Netherlands and sometimes visit our local teams in the field. Your main goal is to make sure the teams work effectively together, smartly engage with customers and know what customers need, even before they are asking for it.
- Every monthly, you discuss the business development funnel with each team, you assess the risk and opportunities, and you agree with the teams on the next steps and mobilize the right support to increase success chances ;
- In the discussion, you are a sharp listener to make sure customer needs are clarified and well understood, you act as the linking pin to the right solutions/products, and you drive creative storylines;
- You typically make sure that together with the cross-sector team, we have a sharp view on everything it takes to get from (unaware) customer need until solution delivery, i.e. going beyond organizing a technical evaluation;
- You consolidate this in effective forward-looking management dashboards for the teams in the field and the business line, keep a clear focus on realizing the yearly revenue targets and trigger the right management attention – This requires meaningful, accurate and timely reports;
- Every year, you collaborate with the field teams to update the 18+ months sales plan: motivating them to take a structured approach in collecting customer ambitions and bottlenecks (connecting sales and customer support) and turning those into business development projects. You structure the process and insert product knowledge to agree on next year’s sales target;
- You own these processes: you are continuously looking for improvements in facilitating the field, in bridging the intelligence to financial processes, in realizing tooling, in distributing information and in connecting the “silos”;
- You also visit the local teams to work together with them in person, get better understanding for local and customer dynamics, have workshops to improve the way-of-work and help creating the right storyline for customers;
- You perform and improve portfolio adoption benchmark analysis, historic sales patterns and installed base productivity analysis to spot option adoption opportunities and share your insights with the field;
- For the field, you are the go-to-person in Veldhoven to provide product answers to the field and you organize additional (cross-)functional support where needed to resolve issues or to provide solutions;
- Through collaborations with your colleagues, you keep yourself well informed of all dynamics at customers and in the product teams delivering new products into our options portfolio – You translate this into connections and actions to improve following up on responding to customer needs;
- You work with the Sales & Operations Planning to make sure operations are well prepared for the opportunities you are driving with the teams (e.g. provide business line decisions to set buffer planning, provide yearly capability requirement outlooks). Making sure customers get served in time.
All-in-all, you build and drive the business development engine to keep our business on track for the yearly revenue targets and to prepare for next year’s growth. We will see the direct effect in reaching the yearly revenue targets and agreeing on growth targets for the years after.
In this role, you will be an energetic ambassador driving the change towards pro-active commercial business development. Your colleagues in the field feel challenged by you, but even more supported by you to increase their impact and help our installed base customers. And ultimately, they will feel motivated to copy your persistence and creativity in seeking for opportunities together (across CS Applications, CS High Volume Manufacturing, Sales, Product Marketing, etc). That’s what it takes to help our customers find the right Field Upgrade options for their installed base.
Bachelor, Master or PhD degree in a technical study.
- >10 years of experience in the semiconductor industry. Experience with ASML systems and our customers production process is a must. It is a plus if you have work experience within our CS Apps department;
- Experience in balancing between own company and customer priorities;
- Technical knowledge about the ASML systems and performance domains of our options (overlay, imaging, productivity, utilization, fab automation);
- Sufficient application experience and understanding of our customer’s manufacturing process;
- Experience in B2B business development dynamics & customer buying decision process;
- Sufficient experience in data analytics and management reporting.
- Independent, fast starter and quick learner;
- Helicopter view to make connections, and eyes for details when needed;
- Persistent and going the extra mile for our guys in the field;
- High sense for customers and commercial sense;
- Strong technical content and system understanding;
- Team player & connector;
- Effective communicator: strong listener, quickly linking pieces together and effectively proposing solution directions;
- Analytical and data driven;
- Ambitious and willing to develop;
- Taking a structurally embedded and pro-active approach;
- Strong sense for management and change processes.
Context of the position
This position is in the DUV Field Upgrades Team. You will report to the Senior Director DUV Field Upgrades and in the day-to-day activities be managed by the Senior Product Manager Options. This team is partly accountable for the great results our company achieves, quarter after quarter, year after year. Would you like to be part of a hardworking and winning team? Are you interested to develop your career and to grow? Than this might be a very interesting position for you.
Internal applicants preferred, however we also challenge strong candidates from outside ASML but with relevant semiconductor experience to apply and convince us.