30+ days ago - req17966
Optics Design Engineer EUV Projection
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
ASML is relentlessly driving the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce creating, with strong support of our suppliers, the lithographic tools the industry needs to achieve its goals.
We are looking for a design engineer mirror heating that takes the challenge to design, test and integrate, together with the project team, the illumination function into our high NA EUV scanners. You will be part of the EUV projection group responsible to transfer and de-magnify the reticle image onto the wafer in the EUV scanners by means of advanced optical manipulations and corrections.
As design engineer mirror heating high NA in the EUV Projection group you will be responsible for the design, integration and qualification of the mirror heating solutions for the high NA POBs. You will work in a fast paced and multi-disciplinary environment as part of the high NA POB project team.
Besides the technical aspects of the design also has aspects related to costs, reliability, availability and serviceability. Your responsibility is to take one of the project deliverables and drive that towards completion. This includes documentation, implementation, qualification & integration as well as issue handling and support the team on customer specific requests. In order to fulfill this role you need to align within in the team on technical aspects, scope, planning and progress. Also you need to collaborate with different competences and sectors (systems engineering, marketing and customer support) within ASML. Using your technical knowledge, analytical thinking and people skills you will work closely together with the project team and interfacing projects and sectors.
- Contribute, in a team, to the development the mirror heating solution for the high NA POB modules
- Specify, design, support implementation, qualify and integrate new mirror heating functionality
- Contribute to interaction with systems engineering, marketing and customers
- Contribute to generation and maintenance of proof book data and machine performance overviews and support trouble shooting and escalations
MSc or PhD in physics or optics.
Experience (>3 years) in a multidisciplinary environment related to design and integration of complex systems is needed, preferably with a focus on / clear contributions to optical systems and applications of optical systems.
- Ability to think on a functional level and in design details.
- Ability to integrate and troubleshoot functions in complex systems.
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions, ability to convey these in an understandable fashion.
- Team player with ability to build network towards other parts of the ASML organization.
- Self-propelling, showing initiative and drive.
- Flexible, result driven and committed.
- Good analytical skills and drive for quality.
Context of the position
Within ASML, the Sector Development and Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the planning, development, and delivery of integrated solutions that meet business requirements. This responsibility also includes the specification of trade-offs across sectors. The department DE EUV Optical Column is responsible for delivery of the projection, illumination, dose control, and EUV light collection functions for EUV. The department supplies resources, means and methods and technology to ensure these deliveries in all the different product phases. The holder of this position is reporting to the ED EUV DE OC Projection Group Leader