30+ days ago - req17906
Scrum Master for Precision Inspection Equipment Development
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other job categories
The continuous shrinking of integrated circuits printed by ASML machines demands ever-faster and more accurate inspection equipment. Developing such systems presents the challenge to professionals from fields like mechanical engineering, physics, electrical engineering and software development to collaborate in a rapidly changing, agile environment. We face the challenge by transitioning to agile work methods and we are looking for scrum masters that want to contribute to this transition.
The scrum masters mission is to create high performing teams of professionals across multiple engineering disciplines. These mature teams respond efficiently to changes in their environment, learn fast, transparently manage expectations, and effectively collaborate within the team and with teams around them.
- You are challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context, where solutions require mechanical, electrical and software engineering competences to collaborate.
- You’re passionate about driving a team to perform at its maximum potential via continuous improvement, including coaching people in their personal development.
- You like working in an agile environment. Primary stakeholders are your team’s Product Owner and Chief Product Owner, Group Leaders, Release Train Engineer, Architects. It is essential that you get to know your internal customers and stakeholders who need your teams specific competence set to create successful solutions.
- You will act as scrum master of two teams.
- You guide the teams in realizing solutions by applying agile and lean methods, facilitating scrum events and other team meetings, and establishing a clear definition of ready and done.
- You take initiative in team development by means of retrospectives, coaching, removing impediments and making benefit of improvement opportunities that you spot.
- Your deliveries are mature development teams.
- You actively participate in the transition towards an agile organization.
- Your verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills are excellent.
- You are ambitious and embrace opportunities to improve.
- You will identify and understand the needs of our clients and be responsive, logical, and flexible. To achieve your mission, you initiate meetings to analyze issues and to support, steer, and plan solutions.
Success in this position provides ample opportunity to develop a career within ASML.
- As scrum master for 2 teams, lead the scrum process, including all Scrum rituals,including evaluation and continuous improvement and addressing impediments.
- Work in close relationship with the Product Owner to maintain the product backlog and planning.
- Act as a team ambassador within the organization
- Lead team in achieving high performance
- Coach team members and other scrum masters
- Address and if necessary escalate bottlenecks and impediments
- Contribute to further development of agile work methods that enhance the departments performance
BSc or MSc in mathematics, physics, engineering or computer science
- Agile development way of working
- Experience as scrum master, at least 3 years
- Team player
- Robust personality
- Independent way of working in our dynamic environment
- Active listening, giving feedback
- Coaching abilities
- Servant leader
- Networking abilities
- Able to initiate, influence, stir
- Analytical view combined with pragmatic attitude (flexibility)
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) and good knowledge of English
Context of the position
You will act as scrum master of two teams of approximately 9 persons each. These teams are part of an agile release train with a total of 11 teams. The agile release train is part of a business line dedicated to semiconductor inspection equipment, in which several such trains are operating.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation.
You may also attach a portfolio.