8 days ago - req18023
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
“This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML/Cymer to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.”
Performs a wide variety of electronic, electro-mechanical, or opto-mechanical assembly operations on assemblies or sub-assemblies. Determines and/or follows methods and sequence of operations in performing wiring, component installation, hand soldering and cable harnessing on assembly units. Makes setups and adjustments holding tolerances to blueprint specifications.
- Builds and validates precision Opto-mechanical assemblies in strict accordance with procedure.
- Uses standardized tools and electric equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers) to perform mechanical assembly on opto-mechanical assemblies.
- Enters data into company databases.
- Executes simple standardized process inspections/tests throughout the production process.
- Interfaces with engineers to support special builds, and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Collaborates with peers and/or supervisors to resolve problems depending on the level and complexity.
- Operates precision cleaning machinery.
- Prepares completed assemblies for shipment.
- Recommends procedural improvements to management.
- Follows control measures and processes to ensure the quality of modules produced.
- Identifies and documents discrepant material.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Trains other team members and audits results
Knowledge base may require AS or related degree. Requires minimum of four (4) years of experience; may have fewer years of experience with a Bachelor's degree.
Requires a High School Diploma and/or equivalent.
- Minimum of four (4) years of precision assembly experience required.
- Experience working with precision optical components is desirable.
- ESD experience helpful.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to read Engineering drawings.
- Able to use electric/pneumatic tools.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Must be able to follow written assembly procedures and Bills of Material.
- Experience with electro-optical and/or Opto-mechanical systems as well as environmental testing is desired.
- Ability to detect visible defects in material under normal lighting with 20/20 or corrected to 20/20 vision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability