8 days ago - req18088
Mechanical Supplier Quality Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Are you an engineer who is knowledgeable in precision mechanics and components and who would enjoy the challenges of driving product quality and supplier performance in a high-tech, low-volume design and manufacturing environment?
As a Supplier Quality Development Engineer within Development & Engineering you will be operating in a fast paced and multidisciplinary development environment.
The Supplier Quality engineer maintains and develops the relation with the suppliers with the purpose to create an optimal engineering collaboration between the suppliers and ASML designers. Using your personal and technical skills, you will work closely together with the suppliers & ASML development teams to optimize the effectiveness and efficiency of the product generation process, in alignment with the ASML project plan. The main goal of this cross-sector activity is to secure an excellent quality of parts delivered by our suppliers. You will drive industrialization during new product development by involving those who will manufacture it. This is accomplished by fostering engineering collaboration between suppliers and ASML development departments, and driving co-design activities at suppliers.Leverage supplier technology and processes into ASML new product development projects.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Within the D&E organization, the SQE is responsible for new product introduction from early supplier involvement until the product design and supplier process is mature enough to be released for volume. Using your in-depth technical knowledge, analytic thinking, and excellent people skills, you work closely with suppliers to build up intimate knowledge of their manufacturing and technological capabilities. NOTE: This is a technical position in a highly technical company and not a general Quality Assurance/Black Belt/Lean Manufacturing role. Those skills are necessary but not of primary concern.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer, your main tasks will include:
- Coordinating role with respect to all SQE activities and deliverables including other cross sector colleagues within the allocated project.
- Responsible for quality and process robustness at suppliers and with their second-tier suppliers.
- Contribute to supplier development (e.g., implement SPC, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, and operational excellence at suppliers).
- Reduce risk in supplier manufacturing processes by optimizing quality, testing and qualification infrastructure.
- Understand fabrication processes to estimate and drive manufacturing cost targets.
- Analyze and drive technical solutions in material quality issues and escalations.
- Ensure that parts quality, manufacturability and serviceability aspects are covered in the design phase, including implementation of lessons learned.
- Drive supplier yield and technical process improvements.Participate in supplier improvement projects (e.g., cycle-time reduction, cost reduction).
- Support implementation of engineering changes (ECs) at suppliers.
- Contribute to supplier development to improve operational excellence by driving execution of existing agreements, improvement actions, and participation in supplier audits.
- Deliverables that secure parts quality from suppliers in the ASML product generation process, such as:
- Acceptance of the specification and/or design.
- Complete & detailed parts qualification process.
- Acceptance of qualified parts.
- Documenting Manufacturing Process flow and Process failure mode effect analysis.
- First article inspection.
Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering or a related field.
- Additional education in relevant engineering subjects are highly desirable.
- At least 8 years relevant work experience in a high-tech environment in the field of process development, design engineering, manufacturing or a combination including experience with:
- Manufacturing techniques including 5 axis CNC machining, bonding and joining, materials, coatings, and precision measurement.
- Experience in at least one of the following:Precision mechanics, opto-mechanics, electro-mechanics.
- Supply chain processes in a new product introduction (NPI) environment.
- Technical improvement projects in supply chain operations.
- Value Engineering and cost-reduction projects.
- Working closely with suppliers on technical aspects, process development, manufacturing flow.
- Proactive approach, taking initiative.
- Attention to detail.
- Results-oriented with strong planning and prioritization skills.
- Analytical, abstract thinker.
- Able to function in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Team player, shares knowledge, while able to act independently.
- Strong negotiation skills during interactions with suppliers and other ASML sectors. Ability to initiate, influence and steer without formal authority.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1