13 days ago - req18099
Software designer C/C++
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Physics
Several of our Software Metrology groups are expanding. After receiving your application we will look at your profile and see if we can match it with existing positions. If we see a match your application profile will be added to an existing position and removed in this vacancy.
Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the ASML machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy! As well as using metrology systems to position wafers, ASML also uses metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
Solutions of the Metrology Functional Group are implemented in software by the Metrology Software Department. Your role is to design high-quality software, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions. The main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Collaborate with other software engineers to design and implement features
- Quickly produce well-organized, optimized, and documented source code in C++
- Create and document software tools required by architects or other developers
- Debug existing source code and polish feature sets
- Contribute to technical design documentation
- Attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard.
Master or Bachelor in computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent
- At least 3 years of real working experience as software engineer (object oriented design) in a multidisciplinary setting
- A proven track-record in C/C++, UML, Unix/Linux
- MATLAB and Python experience is a plus
- Experience with model driven engineering / Modelling is a big added benefit
- Experience with Software Architecture/ Modular architecture and a general understanding of how software concepts map to machine behavior
- Experience with Software Design Patterns, Gmock/Gtest and Code versioning (Git/SVN)
- You have an understanding of mathematical and Physical concepts and translating them to clean software designs
- Agile way of working
- Requirements engineering
- Coping with legacy software.
ASML is a highly dynamic environment, which require:
- To be a good communicator
- To be a team player
- To take initiative and to be result oriented
- You are a critical thinker and pay attention to every detail of your work and you leave no room for errors
- You express creative and innovative thinking and get energy from pioneering new ground.
Context of the position
This is a general pipeline position within the Software Metrology department, which is a part of the Sector Development & Engineering.
Please upload your most recent version of your CV and motivation letter.
We can't process applications via other channels.
Please take in mind that CV reviewing can take a little longer.