30+ days ago - req18150
Co-op, Optical Engineering (PHD)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
No experience (Student)
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking a qualified candidate for a Co-op position (6 to 9 months) inOptical Engineer with expertise in the area of Physical Optics Modeling and experimental optics to join the Optical alignment Sensor group in Wilton, CT.Main job function to produce accurate physical optics models to predict performance of high end lithography tools sensors and or to do basic optics experiments to confirm modeling results.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The main focus of this position will be:
- Develop clear understanding of the physical operation of high end optical sensors.
- Using combination of standard tools (CodeV, FRED, Lumerical FDTD) and modeling in a MATLAB environment, generate accurate physical optics models to predict high end sensors performance.
- Use developed modeling to support design refinements, nominal predictions and tolerancing.
- Use developed models to support proto build validation and production build factory and field issues resolution.
Candidate should be a Ph.D student that already passes his or her preliminary exam in Optical Engineering, or Physics with an emphasis on optical design and physical optics modeling and computation or equivalent experience.
- Experience with optical design and tolerance of optical systems.
- In depth experience with at least 2 of the 3 items list: CodeV and/or Zemax; FRED and/or ASAP; MATLAB.
- Be able to understand the physical operation of complex optical sensors and generate detailed modeling and simulation of their output signals. For example sensors that use a moiré type of detection and can resolve less than 1:10000.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills and a commitment to achieving results on time.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating analytically technical issues.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability