30+ days ago - req18188
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
This exciting, newly created position will join our Compensation and Benefits team during a pivotal time where we are looking to redefine our total Job Framework and complimentary salary benchmark / grading structure.ASML seeks a Compensation Specialist with significant background in HR and compensation. The primary focus of the role to start, will be these key initiatives however, once completed, work will continue across the following key areas, benchmarking, salary surveys, and job evaluation, along with providing guidance to the business and HR, and developing solutions on a variety of total compensation issues.
Job DescriptionThe successful candidate will:
- Support the development of competitive pay structures for exempt, non-exempt employees;
- Ensure total rewards programs remain industry and market competitive and aligned with company compensation philosophy.
- Conduct job analysis interviews to document job content; recommend updates as compared to established framework.
- Evaluate job description content; make recommendations on FLSA exemption classifications and revaluate job description based on external and internal data.
- Consult with HR and Managers advise and make recommendations on total compensation packages for both internal moves, promotions, transfers, new hires etc.
- Assist in the regular update of polished executive level reports and presentations for complex project
- Other administrative responsibilities will be required such as to support other team’s activities.
- 5 - 7 years related experience working as a compensation, or business/systems analyst, or an HR generalist with extensive compensation background
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in HR, finance, economics , business analytics or equivalent
- Strong business acumen, stakeholder management, project experience – ability to work closely with other team members (local Compensation team, Global Compensation team, HR Managers) and leaders to plan, define, manage and communicate priorities to achieve goals.
- Trusted HR advisor with a successful track record of building and maintaining strong relationships
- Polished verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, customer service and interpersonal skills -.
- Ability to partner with all levels of employees and leaders with different experiences and background
- Strong analytical and critical thinking; possesses ability to review, analyze, compare, and interpret data to draw conclusions and make recommendations.
- Innovative approach to improving our way of working and revamping our processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and aggressive timelines.
- Self-motivated and able to work unsupervised, manage time, prioritize and escalate as appropriate.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications to create/develop reporting databases and conduct in depth data analysis/modeling.
- Strong skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Proven written and verbal communication skills, analytical, perseverance, problem solving, strong attention to detail and organizational skills
Context of the position
- The Compensation Specialist role will contribute and manage employee compensation and benefits, compensation databases, job descriptions, benchmark compensation as well as annual performance reviews.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability