5 days ago - req18173
System Integration Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics, Physics
The D&E (Development & Engineering) P&I (Performance & Integration) System Integration department is responsible for defining and driving the system integration of new products/options for full functional machine and performance qualification within time to market target.
In this position you will be part of the team that integrates a wide variety of hardware, software and other deliveries into one system that performs at a the specified level.
You take the technical lead in the integration of multiple subsystem deliveries into one complete system and testing these sets. Integration is done on both functional level and on performance level of the key performance indicators of ASML’s systems (throughput, overlay, focus etc.).
You define the optimal integration and test strategy to achieve this goal and take part in execution of this strategy on one or more platforms. During integration and introduction of the systems at the first customers, you will also take the lead in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues.
- Define integration and test strategy: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration into one system
- Coordinate intake of subsystem deliveries including the verification of sufficient quality
- Support/participate in integration tests on the system
- Report on system integration progress, test results and the system’s functional, performance and reliability capabilities
- Take lead in analysis of system issues that have been found during integration testing
- Define – both short and long term – solutions for system issues
- Definition of integration strategy for system integration
- Optimizing operational integration efficiency
- Reporting on integration progress and system status
Masters Degree in Mechanical engineering, Automotive engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Multiple years of experience in integration activities, e.g. as integrator in multidisciplinary project
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured
- Ability to interface/cooperate with different people on different organizational levels
- Ready to be employed at least 2 years
- Ability/willingness to attend additional courses
- Ability/willingness to work at local sites for short periods (max. 2 weeks/year)
Context of the position
Based in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML is one of the world's leading providers of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. High-tech chip manufacturers use our systems to make microchips. As you probably know, ever since their invention, microchips have become smaller, faster, and smarter with every year that passes. And in the past 25 years ASML has been at the centre of many of the technological breakthroughs that have made this lightning-fast evolution possible.
ASML is more than simply working in a high-tech environment. You will be working at the frontiers of science. Each day you will need to imagine, create and develop new ideas in optics, electronics, computer science and more. And each day your professional skills will grow and multiply