30+ days ago - req18173
System Test Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories, Mechatronics, Physics
Are you an engineer who thinks and acts on system level? Would you like continuously improvethe performance of the machine? Do you define yourself as a person with a “test mentality” whose communication skills are some of his/her best assets? Do you want to use your technical knowledge to define and facilitate the most efficient and effective test and integration strategy? Then the job of a System Test Engineer is just for you!
The System Test Engineer takes the technical lead in the integration of multiple subsystem deliveries into one complete system and testing these sets. Integration is done on both functional level and on performance level of the key performance indicators of ASML’s systems (throughput, overlay, focus etc.). He defines the optimal integration and test strategy to achieve this goal and takes part in execution of this strategy on one or more platforms. During integration and introduction of the systems at the first customers, the System Test Engineer will also take the lead in the analysis of complex system issues and in the definition and testing of the solution for such issues
- Definition of integration strategy for system integration;
- Optimizing operational integration efficiency;
- Reporting on integration progress and system status.
- Define integration and test strategy: which items are needed in which order to perform stepwise integration into one system;
- Coordinate intake of subsystem deliveries including the verification of sufficient quality;
- Support/participate in integration tests on the system;
- Report on system integration progress, test results and the system’s functional, performance and reliability capabilities;
- Take lead in analysis of system issues that have been found during integration testing;
- Define – both short and long term – solutions for system issues.
Masters Degree in Mechanical engineering, Automotive engineering, Mechatronics, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years in a technical environment, preferably on machine development/integration
- Analytically strong, enthusiastic, flexible, assertive, proactive, structured
- Ability to interface/cooperate with different people on different organizational levels
- Ready to be employed at least 2 years
- Ability/willingness to attend additional courses
- Ability/willingness to work at local sites for short periods (max. 2 weeks/year)
Context of the position
Based in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, ASML is one of the world's leading providers of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. High-tech chip manufacturers use our systems to make microchips. As you probably know, ever since their invention, microchips have become smaller, faster, and smarter with every year that passes. And in the past 25 years ASML has been at the centre of many of the technological breakthroughs that have made this lightning-fast evolution possible.
ASML is more than simply working in a high-tech environment. You will be working at the frontiers of science. Each day you will need to imagine, create and develop new ideas in optics, electronics, computer science and more. And each day your professional skills will grow and multiply