You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Thank you for visiting ASML careers. Please keep in mind that we’ll be performing maintenance on our servers from May 31 – June 5, 2023. During this time, you won’t be able to search or apply for any jobs, but we encourage you to return after June 5 to access all vacancies.
Technical Early Career Program
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Physics, Optical engineering
Job ID: 1812
Introduction to the jobAre you looking for your first job after your graduation? Are you ready to work on the most innovative lithography machines of the world that have impact on everyone’s daily life. This is a unique opportunity to launch your career in an inspiring and collaborating high-tech environment at the most valuable tech company of Europe! By applying to this very first Technical Early Career Program, you will be considered for multiple vacancies in our Operations and our Research & Technology department where your technical bachelor, master or PhD background could be the perfect fit.
Role and responsibilitiesBy joining our Early Career Program, you will start in a full-time paid job and be part of a two-year development program that will build the fundamentals needed for a (technical) career at ASML.
ASML leads the worldwide development, production and sales of high-end lithography systems for the semiconductor industry. ASML Berlin, formerly known as Berliner Glas, manufactures many key components for our systems including wafer tables and clamps, reticle chucks and mirror blocks.
Our OPERATIONS department is responsible to deliver the right product at the right time with the right quality. Our products are state-of-the art and consist of hundreds of steps to create. Within this department we have multiple open roles.
- Process engineer: You will be technical responsible for processes on specific equipment and machines in the high-precision manufacture of optical components, assemblies and systems made of glass, glass ceramics and ceramics, including their technological support.
- Product engineer: You will be technical responsible for products and processing chains in series production and during the pilot phase. A technical role with affinity for yield improvements and optimizations.
- Quality engineer: In this role you ensure the quality of the products from goods receipt, production to shipping to the customer, especially for complex components and in-house production processes. For this role it is important that you have affinity with quality and preferably quality management methods.
- Production control engineer: You schedule the production on short and mid-term horizon, resolve bottlenecks and ensure the constant flow of parts throughout the whole process chain. You ensure that we meet our delivery dates.
Our RESEARCH & TECHNOLOGY department is responsible for the development of innovative measurement and manufacturing technology and new features for the next generation of our key components.
- Technology engineer: You will support the development and optimization of measurement and manufacturing technology according to the specification and/or defined task in close cooperation with a senior developer. You run analyses, tests, technical preparations of requirements in manufacturing and measurement process development. Preferably you have mechanical engineering, material science or optical knowledge for this role.
- Laboratory engineer: In this role, you are responsible for supervising the facilities/devices/plants within the development laboratory and prototyping. You will support tests and test setups to ensure service processing/measurements and other services for development projects within the development laboratory.
- Pre-development engineer: You will design features related to micro and nanotechnology for novel components of semiconductor manufacturing equipment. Using state-of-the-art simulation systems and calculation tools, you test and qualify the new product concepts on high-quality test equipment with the support of experienced engineers. Preferably you have a physics related background for this role.
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s, master’s or PhD degree in a technical study, preferably, but not exclusively, in physics, optics, mechanical engineering, material science, aerospace, mechatronics, electrical.
- Maximum of 2 year of relevant working experience.
Your SkillsWorking at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems. The specific skills depend on the role. In general, we are looking for the following skills:
- Broad technical interest and passion for (hands-on) engineering challenges, preferably with experience from a technical internship, project, side-job
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- A structured and goal-oriented way of working with a 'can do' and 'will do' attitude
- You are a flexible team player and eager to learn.
- Proficient in English. The roles in Operations also require good German language skills.
Other informationDiversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
We offer you
Two-year contract, with the intention of an indefinite contract to continue your career at ASML.
Highly competitive compensation and benefits package which includes: a competitive salary, 30 days paid leave, 13th month payment, pension plan, mobility allowance.
Safe environment to experiment with what you learn.
You will be part of the first two-year training program to develop yourself professionally.
Network of early career employees and colleagues.
- Application: Apply before Sunday June 11th, 2023, at 23:59h. We will inform you if your application has been selected for the first round of the selection process within one week from the application deadline.
- Video interview: If you are selected, you will be invited to record your answers to a few pre-determined questions and a software test.
- Selection day: If you are chosen, you will be invited for an onsite selection day on Wednesday July 12th, 2023, in Berlin.
- Job offer: A few days after the selection day, we’ll inform you if you’ve been chosen to receive a job offer.
- Starting date: the (preferred) starting date of the program will be in September 2023.
FAQIf you have any questions, please send us an email at [email protected]