You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req18237
Lead FPGA Firmware & Electronics Designer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are you challenged by the FPGA Firmware & Electronics Board design embedded in high-tech products? And do you have excellent communication skills, combined with a high level of discipline, combined with design experience of FPGA FW systems? We might be looking for you!
As an FPGA Firmware & Board Designer you are defining, realizing, qualifying, managing and maintaining FPGA Firmware & Board designs for both existing and new ASML products. Furthermore you contribute on defining the next generation of these products in close cooperation with the electronics designers.
The FPGA & Board Designer is responsible for the following:
• Participate as an FPGA Firmware designer in a multidisciplinary design team.
• Define and document requirements for the FPGA Firmware designs.
• Define, document and maintain analogue and/or digital board designs
• Perform trade-off studies to determine the preferred implementation scenario for new or changed functions.
• Define, document and execute tests to ensure that the firmware satisfies the requirements.
• Solve IP-block related problems and manage problem resolution during first system integration.
• Contribute to analysis and solution of reliability issues.
• Manage the outsourcing of development activities at co-developers.
• Act as a technical coach for other team members.
Master degree (or Bachelor equivalent by proven experience) in Computer Science, Electrical/Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
• Experience in the design of programmable logic firmware.
• Experience in the use of the VHDL and Verilog.
• Experience as digital and/or analogue board designer
• Technical knowledge of Programmable Logic and digital design in general.
• Broad technical knowledge of electronics with basic knowledge of physics, mechanics, mechatronics and software.
• Experience with Embedded C is a must.
• Experience with Python is a plus.
• Experience with Matlab HDL coder is a plus.
• Familiar with SAFe - Agile wow.
• Highly motivated pro-active team player with good social and communication skills.
• Structured with eye for details and with quality in mind.
• Fluent English in word and in writing.
Context of the position
The sector Development & Engineering (D&E) of ASML is responsible for the specification, design and realization of the products in the ASML portfolio. Within the sector D&E the cluster Electronic Development (EDEV) is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions and modules within these products.
Within EDEV EUV the group Laser Light Generation & positioning is responsible for the definition, realization, qualification and integration of electronic functions needed for the drive laser, beam transport system and focus unit .
The FPGA & Board Designer reports to the EDEV EUV Group Manager Laser Light Generation & Positioning or delegated Team Leader.
Please share your resume and motivation letter when applying.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.