25 days ago - req18263
Senior Learning and Knowledge Management Consultant/ Architect
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
ASML delivers advanced lithographic equipment to the semiconductor industry. To minimize costly downtime of these complex machines, our chip manufacturing customers are typically supported 24/7 by ASML. The Customer Support (CS) department is responsible to deliver support to customers in the form of install, maintenance, upgrade, relocation and application services. CS is a large organization employing thousands of people and is organized in central and local functions that are geographically spread over more than 40 locations across the globe.
The advanced nature and complexity of ASML products, High-Tech at the absolute leading edge, makes Knowledge availability and Knowledge Management of prime importance. With KM we ensure new employees are onboarded as fast as possible, experienced employees can deepen their knowledge and any employee is encouraged and enabled to share knowledge
The KM Architect/ Consultant provides overall direction, guidance and definition for the analysis, solution and KM landscape architecture, design and development of current and future learning and (KM) solutions. You will work with CS stakeholders to facilitate high quality roll-outs of projects to the field. This involves supporting the development ofthe required learning solutions combined with information design for project’s target audiences.
In the role as KM Consultant you will work with other groups, such as the Global Training Center (GTC) learning architects from the business lines DUV, EUV and APPS to develop high quality learning solutions for the GTC curricula to provide the right methods for developing Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes (KSA) within the Customer Support organization.
In the role KM Architect you define and guard the Knowledge Management architecture and the usage of this architecture in close collaboration with CS Business Architect, the CS Infrastructure team and IT. You work closely with other CS Architects, IT and D&E on improving the CS KM infrastructure to ensure every CS employees has access to the information/knowledge needed to execute their tasks at any place and moment of need. The CS KM infrastructure needs to fit and integrate seamlessly in other ASML used Information and learning systems.
The solution proposal you define resolve Information, knowledge and learning gaps identified by, primarily CS, business users. The proposed solutions include identifying processes and work instructions improvements, IT applications changes, data models and metamodel definitions, etc.
You keep up to date with the latest developments in Information and Knowledge Management applications and tools and share regularly with your direct colleagues what you think could be potentially beneficial for CS.
The Senior Learning and KM Architect/Consultant responsibilities include:
- Developing learning solutions that are aligned and agreed upon with business line stakeholders
- Managing stakeholders at different levels in the organization
- Managing the development of solutions with (external) suppliers
- Assisting in the development of learning media and e-learning, when needed
- Developing learning solutions that focus on technical knowledge, skills, attitude and behavior
- Interfacing across the ASML sectors to assist in defining the roadmap for learning and KM solutions
- Defining an implementation plan for the roadmap of learning and KM solutions
- Identifying and analyzing learning and KM solutions, detecting new opportunities or critical deficiencies
- Responsible for defining the request and boundary conditions (learning method, quality standard, skills, time, cost and required evaluation methods) for the learning and KM solution design and development.
A bachelor’s degree, or higher, in Educational Science and/ or Business Architecture.
- More than 5 years’ experience working in a learning/ training domain in a complex and international organization.
- Familiar with doing learning needs/ business analyses for building efficient and effective learning and performance solutions.
- Familiar with existing means and methods for delivering knowledge, skills and attitudes, as well as experience of implementing these methods.
- Preferably an experience in a high-tech and international customer service environment. Experience with a dynamic and rapidly changing environment.
- Have a working knowledge of, and preferably demonstrable skills in, Adobe Captivate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Techsmith Camtasia Studio, MS SharePoint, Atlassian Confluence and Cornerstone on Demand
Serving in this role requires an individual to
- Be a self-starter
- Have an affinity with, and/or background in, a technical profession or environment
- Be a change agent, embracing and driving change
- Be able to translate learning methods into practical designs for learning and support
- Provide both strategic as well as operational (outsourcing) support
- Be adept at rational, creative and design thinking
- Be able to balance and align a deep understanding of “learning” with good stakeholder management skills and business need focus
- Be agile enough to respond to shifting requirements, new pressures and emerging opportunities
- Work both independently and as a team member
- Be a coach to colleagues
- Have strong communication skills to interface with the business line stakeholders and CS business line representatives
- Know the foundational principles of individual and organizational learning
Context of the position
The KM Architect/Consultant is a member of the Customer Support Knowledge Exchange & Innovation (CS KXI) department. The department develops, delivers and maintains knowledge and information management solutions to support more than 3000 engineers world-wide. We also support our customers with technical documentation.
The CS KXI department combines the competencies of documentation, e-learning development, information management, skills management, and knowledge exchange to the field.
Our goal is to provide a one-stop-shop for sharing and exchanging knowledge and information to support our engineers in the work place and we aim to provide an environment where continuous learning and sharing of knowledge is second nature, to increase the confidence and self-sufficiency of engineers in the field.
Please add your complete, recent CV and a cover letter to your application. We cannot process your application without the above-mentioned documents.