30+ days ago - req18378
Plasma Chamber Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Engineering individual contributor position. Performs engineering tasks on excimer laser plasma chamber. The engineer will design, plan and execute laboratory experiments, perform analyses on field data, investigate failures and performance defects, and document requirements and specifications.
- Drives the development & integration of innovative core technology elements and/or system concepts in support of excimer laser chambers.
- Applies knowledge and experience in engineering (electrical engineering or mechanical engineering) or physics (plasma, laser physics, material science, metallurgy) to extend performance and reliability of excimer laser chambers.
- Validates concepts through prototype builds, system level testing and analysis.
- Independently investigates scientific and technical problems and challenges and evaluates and recommends solutions.
- Interacts with customers, suppliers and peers, prepares and presents reports to management and customers, as well as at scientific conferences.
- Assists management on technical aspects of external collaboration activities.
- Prepares and revises technical documentation, including technical memos, specification documents and design validation reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum educational degree requirement: Master's degree. Areas: Physics, Plasma Physics, Material Science, Metallurgy, Electrical Engineering, Engineering Physics, Mechanical Engineering, or a related Engineering/Applied Physics.
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant industry experience is required.
- Required expertise: plasma-solid material (metal, metal fluorides, elastomer, organics) interaction
- Experience with Excimer Lasers or other gas-state discharge laser is a plus.
- Extensive experimental experience and skills in laboratory environment are required.
- Experience with Semiconductor Capital Equipment preferred.
- Experience with CAD design (Creo) for mechanical parts is a plus.
- Practical experience with laser systems either in manufacturing or laboratory environments is required.
- Extensive experience using MATLAB or Python for data analysis is required.
- Test design and automation experience using MATLAB or LabView is desired.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Occasional travel within and outside the US may be required.
- Able to work at CAD station for several hours at a time.
- Able to put together mechanical assemblies including lifting 25 lbs. from floor to shoulder height.
- Requires working with a firing laser (which is noisy) on a frequent basis.
- Requires working in a manufacturing clean room environment occasionally.
- Requires working with Excimer lasers in noisy environments (requiring ear protection) and potential radiation hazards (requiring eye and skin protection).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability