30+ days ago - req18480
Customs & Export Control Classification Specialist (JG 7)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Job MissionThe ASML Customs team is expanding its expertise in customs and export control classification preparing ourselves for an interesting and challenging era growing today’s company into and beyond 16bE company.Are you the person that wants to be part this challenge? Are you able to translate technical documentation into customs and export control classification? Are you the person that can build relationships with our engineering community who have the technical expertise that you need to decide on complex classifications questions? Do you want to help building a team of classification experts that is globally responsible for classification?Why not join us?
In your role as Customs & Export Classification Specialist you are part of the internal global centralized classification team and work in an international environment with a presence on three continents. Correct customs and export control classification and therefore a compliant supply chain is not only essential to enable the ASML organization to meet the commitments we made to our customers, but compliance is also considered to be one of the core values within ASML.
Job DescriptionThe classification activities within ASML consist of different tasks to ensure customs and export control compliance with a focus on a correct and compliant classification process.
- Performing customs and export control classification
- Determining country of origin for both preferential and non-preferential purposes
- Handling legal control blocks (GTS)
- Maintaining and improve the master classification database
- Function as the go to person in case of classification related questions from the authorities or internal stakeholders
- Assist and prepare for classification requests
- Setup and execute controls to ensure a compliant and timely classification process
- Stimulate and establish good working relationships at different levels with relevant departments within ASML (for example Development & Engineering)
- Collaborate and advise internal stakeholders on core issues of customs & export control classification and licensing to ensure compliance
- Review the impact of new regulations related to classification
- Support the business and participate in different projects such as the implementation of a new ERP system
- Setup improvement processes (for example via robotizing)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years relevant (technical) experience in Customs & Export Controls Classificationor Customs Broker's License preferred!
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Technical background and/or knowledge and experience with SAP and GTS is preferred.
- You have experience working in a multidisciplinary environment and in multi-cultural teams.
- Transactional knowledge of United States Government export control regulations
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities and project deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for a multi-cultural work environment
- Strong drive with a hands-on, structured, accurate and result oriented working style
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and drive others, build relationships and influence other functional areas
- Able to cope with a multicultural, dynamic and changing and complex environment
- Good time management skills and able to manage towards tight deadlines
- Show ownership of issues from start to finalization
- Eye for detail, proactive and capable of making decisions
Communications skills, detail oriented, customer service, problem solving skills, organizational skills, analytical and team oriented
Context of the position
In your role as Customs & Export Control Classification Specialist you are part of the internal global centralized classification team and work in an international environment with a presence on three continents. Correct customs and export control classification and therefore a compliant supply chain is not only essential to enable the ASML organization to meet the commitments we made to our customers, but compliance is also considered to be one of the core values within ASML.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability