30+ days ago - req18421
ERP Business Process Analyst
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
IntroductionASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The ERP Business Process Analyst is the primary IT point of contact working with their business partner to assess requirements and identify the best solution that will deliver sustainable results. Once approved, the solution will be crafted through process improvement, application configuration or a combination of methods in close collaboration with business partners and possibly, external service providers. The deliverable will typically include change management that requires clear communication, documentation and possibly training in order to deliver full value.
- Ensures the capture of clear expectations and requirements between IT and the Business for all IT related demand.
- Serves as a contact for the business to advise/solve or direct IT issues for resolution.
- Manages escalation of project issues to the appropriate management staff.
- Administers and maintains service level agreements between IT and the Business.
- Facilitates the alignment of IT projects with business goals and objectives.
- Interacts with the supported business function to develop detailed understanding of user Information Technology needs.
- Confers with technical or functional experts at all levels, company-wide, to obtain requirements, develop solution proposals, and coordinate implementation.
- Proactively seeks opportunities that will support business goals and provide business users with alternatives that enhance business performance and efficiency.
- Evaluates user requests for enhancements and/or upgrading of highly complex business systems.
- Develops solution proposals and designs to meet customer requirements.
- Facilitates communications with business customer through all phases of this process.
- Provides general customer support for assigned business applications.
- Coordinates resolution of Enterprise Systems support issues for assigned business area with IT staff, suppliers and functional users.
- Actively develops, promotes and applies project management techniques to assigned work and activities.
- Actively surveys internal customers for feedback, and adjusts activities accordingly.
- Manages, sets priorities of, and successfully completes multiple projects and support issues concurrently with little or no supervision of the work group manager.
- Keeps current on new technologies by reading literature, attending conferences and seminars, taking classes, and participating in technical societies, as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/Management, IS&T Management, Computer Science, or related discipline is preferred. Relevant experience can compensate for lack of ideal degree.
- Experience with functional and technical aspects of major enterprise business systems such as SAP Applications or business intelligence analytical applications.Proficient understanding of the functional capabilities and configuration of broad areas of these applications is required.
- Requires thorough understanding of planning, analysis, and testing techniques required to support an enterprise business system.
- Experience in multiple functional business areas such as manufacturing, logistics, field service or sales and marketing.
- Requires understanding of capabilities, features, and limitations of system development tools.
- Demonstrated ability to act in a consultative role to understand functional business processes, related information technology needs, and develop solutions and delivery proposals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Office applications, collaboration tools, and effective use of e-mail and messaging systems.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities
Context of the positionThe IT department in Wilton supports the local business units, especially the Operations Group and D&E as the largest local groups. Additionally, we support processes and applications that are used in the Customer Support and Finance organizations locally as well as distributed in the US. We work closely with other IT colleagues in the US and globally to provide a single point of contact for our local business partners whenever possible.
Other informationThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability