30+ days ago - req18494
(Lead) Mechanical Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Optical engineering, Mechatronics
Please be aware this is not an active job opening, however - Recruitment & Hiring Managers are checking for suitable candidates for their actual job openings. If there is a job opening suitable to you identified, you will be pro-actively contacted and guided towards that job opening. Of course, you are free to apply to any other positions that catch your interest.
Specify, design and test constructions and service mechanisms with a team of design engineers within the restrictions imposed by technical specifications, costs and planning.
Developed product meets all specifications, deviations are accepted. Product specifications are feasible, known to all relevant parties and relevant underlying assumptions and restrictions are understood, technical product documentation (TPD) is up-to-date and of good quality.
You are responsible for the design of a mechanical (sub-)module, and you will ensure specifications regarding safety, reliability, stability, contamination free, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. You continuously improve the quality of the mechanical architecture and are working within a multidisciplinary project, possible steering one or more designers, working in a mechanical team.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Optimization of the design, with a team of designers.
- Supplier contact for design and drawing reviews on manufacturability.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
- Interfaces with Project Leader and Architects.
- Some autonomy within own area of expertise, works independently, within practices and procedures. Issues are discussed with team/TL.
Master in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Precision-, Micro-, Nano- engineering.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- NX experience is a pre, 3D CAD experience is a must.
- Experience in design in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive own development.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
There are over 28,000 ASML employees on payroll and flexible contracts, spread across offices in more than 60 cities in 16 countries. The company’s headquarters, located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, comprises over half of all employees – over 14,000 people work there.
Find out more about ASML and link to information on our technology, products, and how we operate:
For a visual journey into the world of ASML, have a look at our YouTube channel:
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
We aim to have your job application reviewed by Recruitment and the responsible Manager within a week’s time. You will be contacted by Recruitment on the outcome of this assessment.
Before you accept the job offer and commence on your onboarding journey, we typically aim to have two rounds of interviews in which you will speak with at least your future colleague, team lead and manager – followed by the (Talent Exploration) assessment and an interview with Human Resources.