Click 'Deny cookies' to personalize your cookie settings, or click 'Accept' to allow all our cookies. You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
30+ days ago - req18494
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer (Talent Pool)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Optical engineering, Mechatronics
Please be aware this is a generic job opening description. If you are interested and apply, Recruitment & Hiring Managers are checking for their actual job openings for this profile and you will be pro-actively contacted and guided towards such job openings.
You are responsible for the design of a mechanical (sub-)module, and you will ensure specifications regarding safety, reliability, stability, contamination free, cost effectiveness, manufacturability and serviceability. Youwill work closely together with your design team, internal and external stakeholders.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification.
- Creation and validation of new concepts.
- Prepare planning for modules and sub-modules.
- Definition and execution of final tests to verify the specifications.
- Cooperation with module integration into the complex ASML systems.
- Lead junior designers (review work, coach on TPD development).
- BsC or Msc in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Precision-, Micro-, Nano- engineering.
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience.
- NX experience is a pre, 3D CAD experience is a must.
- Experience in in leading design teams in a complex technical multi-disciplinary environment.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of parts/(sub)modules.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Eager to drive own development.
What we offer
A highly competitive compensation and benefits package:
- Competitive salary;
- 40 days paid leave: 27 vacation days and 13 ADV days (reduction of working hours);
- 13th month payment;
- 8% holiday allowance;
- Pension plan;
- Commuting allowance;
- Training sessions to develop yourself professionally;
- A safe environment to experiment with what you’ve learned;
- A close network of other recent graduates and colleagues;
- The opportunity to work alongside some of the world’s smartest engineers.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
There are over 28,000 ASML employees on payroll and flexible contracts, spread across offices in more than 60 cities in 16 countries. The company’s headquarters, located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, comprises over half of all employees – over 14,000 people work there.
Find out more about ASML and link to information on our technology, products, and how we operate:
For a visual journey into the world of ASML, have a look at our YouTube channel:
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
We aim to have your job application reviewed by Recruitment and the responsible Manager within a week’s time. You will be contacted by Recruitment on the outcome of this assessment.
Before you accept the job offer and commence on your onboarding journey, we typically aim to have two rounds of interviews in which you will speak with at least your future colleague, team lead and manager – followed by the (Talent Exploration) assessment and an interview with Human Resources.