You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Team Lead Mechanical Development (Talent Pool)
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Optical engineering, Mechatronics
Please be aware this is a generic job opening description. If you are interested and apply, Recruitment & Hiring Managers are checking for their actual job openings for this profile and you will be pro-actively contacted and guided towards such job openings.
Take full ownership of the hardware development or issues from start to end. Lead and inspire your team of engineers to achieve optimal results in a multidisciplinary project setting. Support the project leads to achieve good quality results at the right time for our customers.
- Take the lead in mechanical developments and issues.
- Structure the development and guide the team to achieve good quality results.
- Make sure the proper design processes are adhered to and improve where needed.
- Define and prioritize the activities to make realistic plan agreements.
- Setup and maintain the team plan and drive for results.
- Communicate clearly on the progress and needs to your stakeholders.
- Organize a team of up to 10 engineers and coach them in their daily work.
- Motivate and develop the members of your team.
- Make sure that the right competencies are secured within the team and take care for the lessons learned.
Master in Mechanical Engineering, preferably with a specialization in Precision-, Micro-, Nano- engineering.
- At least 8 years of relevant working experience.
- At least 2 years of experience in leading design teams up to 10 design engineers.
- Excellent knowledge in the field of design and manufacturing of mechanical parts.
- Skilled in technical, correct and effective communication with suppliers.
- Experienced in evaluating FEM / mechanical analysis results.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting. Fluent in English.
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and steer a team of professionals.
- Structured and organized.
- Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
- Ability to excel in creative design and flawless execution of mechanical design.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Helicopter view (zoom in – zoom out).
- Eager to drive own development.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
There are over 28,000 ASML employees on payroll and flexible contracts, spread across offices in more than 60 cities in 16 countries. The company’s headquarters, located in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, comprises over half of all employees – over 14,000 people work there.
Find out more about ASML and link to information on our technology, products, and how we operate:
For a visual journey into the world of ASML, have a look at our YouTube channel:
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, a letter of motivation and preferably a portfolio in which you showcase relevant work done.
We aim to have your job application reviewed by Recruitment and the responsible Manager within a week’s time. You will be contacted by Recruitment on the outcome of this assessment.
Before you accept the job offer and commence on your onboarding journey, we typically aim to have two rounds of interviews in which you will speak with at least your future colleague, team lead and manager – followed by the (Talent Exploration) assessment and an interview with Human Resources.