15 days ago - req18510
Metrology Industrialization Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
No experience (Student)
Physics, Electrical engineering, Mechatronics
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Product and Integration is responsible for development, delivery, integration and qualification of functional modules & machine/customer applications on spec. You will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
To design, maintain, adapt to changed output requirements and to optimize production processes as well as to develop and apply methods of measuring the performance of the production process.
Enable design for Industrialization:
- Review design of tests & functionalities and understand suitability for execution at production;
- Provide design alternatives / motivate good practices in design with internal and external domain examples to improve design and diagnostic capabilities;
- Understand the parameters & updates done by Metrology tests in a physical sense to check for technical dependencies to external interfaces;
- Have a general cost vs value perspective on design/tools and execution.
Facilitate pilot production:
- Deliver procedures, sequence and diagnostic information to production;
- Help troubleshooters by transferring knowledge at a suitable level for them to grasp the design changes and support diagnosis;
- Perform troubleshooting to adequate level and escalate to development if further in-depth analysis is needed;
- Identify structural improvements and create business cases for DE projects to solve them;
- Maintain/solve comments to improve quality of procedures
Industrialization road map:
- Create/Maintain roadmap items (improvement ideas/business case/effort estimates) of your domain;
- Use cost vs value perspective to prioritize and land road map items in new product programs.
A Bachelor degree if you have ASML experience, otherwise a Master degree in:
Between 0-5 years of working experience is allowed for this position.
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes is an advantage;
- Experience in the field of Technical Manufacturing Engineering and quality methodology such as statistical process control and FMEA is an advantage.
- Team oriented;
- Analytical skills;
- Interest in technology;
- Professional communication;
- Highly motivated;
Context of the position
MX (Metrology) DE (Development & Engineering) EXP (Expose) is responsible for securing industrialization and proving production capability of calibration and qualification tests introduced in new products by the DE Metrology and Performance clusters.
Preference for background in mechatronics / optics and general affinity for high abstraction level of engineering work.