19 days ago - req18502
Project Leader (Mechanical Development)
In a nutshell
Do you take the lead in driving a range of complex pellicle tooling projects to a successful delivery? Do you have the technical background to lead a multidisciplinary team of mechanics, software, electronics and supplier professionals? To lead the improvement projects of our tools in co-operation with multiple key suppliers? Do you see the big picture without missing important details? Then we want to get in touch with you.
As project leader you will manage a group of highly professional engineers (often with academic backgrounds) and many years’ experience in the industry.
In the position of project leader you and your team take responsibility for the development of sub-modules, consisting of hardware (mechanics, electronics) and (embedded) software for ASML’s lithographic products. You are several project teams internal at ASML and towards the supplier, driving tool updates and fixes to best serve our business.
As project leader, you will be responsible for the delivery of products, on time, within budget and with the agreed quality. Multiple technical disciplines work in your project in a concurrent engineering way. You are responsible for making the technology choices, the specification, design, integration and qualification of tool updates within the boundaries imposed by process and planning. You pro-actively drive the development work in your team and participate in reviewing designs. But above all, you will use your leadership and teamwork skills to solve problems and optimize team performance.
- Create and maintain project plans and proactively drive project realization over multiple sub-projects.
- Manage the delivery of specifications, designs, prototypes and testplans in your team (~15-25 people) that meet the requirements of the ASML development program.
- Review technical proposals, manage time, quality and budget as well as the risks and issues in your project.
- Work with team-leaders and sub-project leaders from mechanical, electronic and software development who take operational responsibility within your project.
- Work intensively with external co-developers and external manufacturing facilities to ensure timely delivery of prototypes and a smooth transition to volume production.
- Interaction with other project leaders on technical content and with group leaders on allocation of people to your project.
Masters in Mechanics, Electronics, Mechatronics, Physics or other relevant technical discipline. Able to manage a set of multi-disciplinary sub-projects.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in project management of complex technical projects cooperating with technical professionals.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in developing, integrating, testing and realization of volume or limited series production for complex multidisciplinary products, preferably high tech production equipment.
- Solid technical background in own discipline, ability to manage cross-disciplinary.
- Affinity with managing integral business processes in fast growing and dynamic business environments.
- A formal project management certification or accreditation is a pre.
- A strong background and track record in project management in an innovation environment in high-tech industry is required.
- Highly motivated, enthusiast, flexible and a good communicator, ability to think and act on a strategic level.
- Think broad, learn fast, take responsibility, act decisive and show critical sense.
- Lead and work with a set of multidisciplinary project teams, give direction and motivate
- Convince others of your ideas.
- Strong influencer, natural stakeholder manager.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
- Good knowledge of English.
- Able to organize, offer structure and manage a broad set of stakeholders.
- Ability to coach/mentor team and project leaders of sub-projects.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechanical Development is designing, building and testing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
More information on what ASML does, and stands for - can be found via our Website and YouTube channel
If you apply to this position - please include a recent and complete CV, and a letter of motivation. You may also attach a portfolio.