14 days ago - req18561
System Integrator & Performance Analyst Design Engineer
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
ASML’s Wafer Alignment Sensor department, Functional group in Wilton CT is seeking a Physicist/Engineer to support and develop optical / photonic sensor systems used within ASML’s photolithography tools. These systems typically include light sources, detectors, optical and electro-optical components, fiber optics, electronics and signal processing software functioning in close collaboration with the rest of the lithography system. Understanding the components in their relation to the sensor system and understanding the interaction with the rest of the lithography tool and the measurement process is of fundamental importance.
ASML has multiple positions available for this role.The job description below defines the ideal set of qualifications for the position.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Key components of this position are:
- Using Physics, Mathematics, Electronics, Mechanics, and Software knowledge and an understanding of the sensor systems and the lithography tool to model, design and de-bug new and existing sensors in complex environments (lithography equipment integrated in a wafer fab):
- Physical and geometric modelling.
- Simulation in Matlab and other suitable languages and design tools.
- Complex algorithm development.
- Test planning and experimental setup.
- Dataanalysis and visualization including FFT, PSD’s and correlation investigations.
- Optimization routines for system improvement.
- Design of calibration algorithms and associated software.
- Statistical process control.
- Image processing and pattern recognition.
- Sensor and camera calibration.
- Signal processing.
- Coordinate transformations and geometric compensation.
- Tolerance analysis and Monte Carlo methods.
- Error budgeting.
- Systems engineering.
- the candidate must have the capacity to lead engineers and technicians in executing activities related to complex tests, data gathering, and effectively communicate results to managers and customers.
- Problem Solving:
- the candidate must demonstrate ability of independent thinking and skills of problem solving; must have expertise at troubleshooting complex problems by analyzing various potential root causes, develop and debug algorithms;the candidate must have the ability to use analytical processes (8Ds, fault trees, Ishikawa diagrams, etc…) to develop test plans to determine problem root cause.
- The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicating progress and status of ongoing investigations to managers and to customers;Candidate will be required to write reports documenting investigations carried out.
- Previous experience in R&D and integration is not required, but a plus.
- Software scripting:
- MATLAB and Python.
- Nominal travel ( ~ 15%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
Minimum:MS in Optical engineering, Physics,Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or other Engineering discipline, with an emphasis on optical system, photonics, electronics or software design and analysis, or equivalent experience.
- Dual degree in a second engineering discipline a plus.
- Three to five years of experience required.
- Experience in working with engineers across disciplines to solve complex problems in a timely manner.
- Strong emphasis on creative problem solving and effective communication.
- Candidate must:
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability.
- Have strong written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results while under time constraints.
- Have high energy, high level of dedication.
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions.
- A working knowledge of MatLab and/or Labview for data collection and analysis to drive solutions.
- Be competent in and/or have affinity with: optical design and electro-optical devices, detection electronics, electrical and SW data processing.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1