26 days ago - req18672
Wafer & Alignment Sensors Team Lead
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to deploy (parts of) complex projects? Then we want to get in touch with you.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a TL (team lead), you operate in the project axis of ASML’sorganization. As such, you are responsible for the organization, structure and planning of optical, and mechanical components that make up our alignment sensors as well as functional software development. These activities cover the complete development cycle, from architecture definition to final integration and high volume manufacturing. You pro-actively drive the development work of the multi-disciplinary team and participate in reviewing concepts and designs on all above-mentioned criteria.
The TL reports to the group leader as well as the PL (Project Lead). He or she maintains regular alignment with all the stakeholders for the given project.The team consist of~10engineersto develop optical sensor modules used within ASML’s photolithography tools.Additional extended teams can exist at a co-developers external to ASML that will deliver to your project that must be managed by the TL.
- Assist PL in creating a work breakdown and translate this into a transparent plan utilizing Microsoft Project EP.
- Maintain deliverable plan according to the triple constraint of timing, resources and scope and report on progress.
- Coordinate the deliverables from the team, driving performance, availability, cost and timing.
- Ensure cross discipline dependencies are identified, planned and executed.
- Manage resources in a team and take operational responsibility within projects.
- Identify bottlenecks and/or improvement opportunities within the team.
- Manage and steer co-developers, aligning them with your work breakdown and plan.
- Assess technical risk and create mitigation plans.
- Identify risk and facilitate testing.
- Ensures project deliverables are designed for HVM.
MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Optics (or similar) or equivalent experience.
- 1 to 3 years work experience.
- Knowledge of MS Enterprise Project is a must!
- BS with 5+ years ASML work experience considered.
- CAPM or PMP certifications desired.
- At least 1 years of experience in leading a small to medium-sized team.
- Initiative and pro-active.
- Drives for results and takes ownership.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills.
- Structured with eye for details.
- Leadership; Ability to give direction in a team.
- Accurate and problem-solving.
- Persuasiveness and decisiveness; Pragmatic attitude.
- Personal authority.
- Excellent knowledge of the English language, both spoken and written.
- The candidate must have the capability to clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing activitiesto managers and to customers, and to work closely with a cross-function group from other sectors within ASML.
- The candidate will make periodic presentations in front of PCM, PDM, D&E DM and senior management.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Nominal travel ( ~ 20%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected on a routine basis.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1