30+ days ago - req18712
Business Architect Configuration Management
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Other technical job categories, Other job categories
Do you want to help us unlock the potential of people and society by pushing technology to new limits? Do you have the communication and leadership skills to make a difference to the efficiency and profitability of ASML by improving Configuration Management processes and methods? Then this could be your next job, collaborating with almost all disciplines within ASML to define the step ups and architecture of ASML’s Configuration Management processes!
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires concurrent engineering by all involved disciplines. New or changed hardware and software is introduced on daily basis and a smooth and controlled implementation in the various configurations is crucial for our business. This sets high expectations to the configuration management capabilities on e.g. identification, managing change, traceability and reporting on configuration conformity. ASML is constantly improving these capabilities to support our current and future business ambitions. Your job is to specify, develop and maintain the configuration management capabilities and embed improvements within ASML together with various business process owners and solution teams.
Based on your background and expertise, you will be focusing on specific areas or topics. An area could beConfiguration Definition: from requirements gathering towards Manufacturing Bill of Materials and Bill of Processes, securing identification and traceability definitions. Another area could be: Manage configuration change, securing efficient and effective change control over all the defined configuration information. And to make the physical world connect to the defined configurations, you can also work in the area of verification of As Built and As Maintained records and securing traceability in the product lifecycle.
You will work in project teams developing, delivering and maintaining the ASML configuration Management architecture that is handed over to improvement projects that will implement these. You will stay connected in these improvement
The Configuration Management architect will initiate and manage improvements in the domain of Configuration Management by:
- Document configuration management capabilities and methods to set the standard for ASML configuration management;
- Define and maintain configuration management capability improvement roadmap;
- Align and agree architecture solutions and roadmap with related business stakeholders;
- Initiate and execute improvements based on ASML business needs;
- Develop CM training material and deploy within the ASML organization;
- Drive decision making on crucial design issues via the existing governance;
- Secure compliance of solution designs to CM Architecture in implementation projects.
Academic level in e.g. Industrial Engineering, Information Engineering or Technical Business Administration
- 5 -10 years of experience in improvements in the discipline of Configuration Management or Information Management
- Experience with business change management in complex organizations
- Knowledge of Configuration Management theory, preferably CMII certified
- Experience with stakeholder management on all levels
- Experience with PLM and/or ERP system improvements in the area of Configuration Change Management, Engineering, Production and/or Materials Management.
- Ability to develop vision and derive strategy and action plans
- Self-assured, capable of convincing people, also when it concerns specialized content experts;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, work pleasantly with people with differing backgrounds and in different departmental and geographical cultures; at various hierarchical levels;
- Strong analytic capability and a pro-active initiating attitude;
- Change management competencies;
- Drive to get results in place;
- Ability to plan and set priorities
Context of the position
ASML produces some of the most complex systems in the world, working with challenging time to market targets. To meet customer demands for the latest technologies, ASML employs concurrent engineering, developing systems and supply chains in parallel with system specifications. The Configuration Management team manages global configuration information, enabling ASML to achieve excellent delivery performance at minimum cost. This is done in a cross sectoral team within both Development & Engineering and Operations.
The Configuration Management business architect will be part of a small team of business architects and will report to the manager Configuration Management Architecture within the Development & Engineering organization.