15 days ago - req18728
Coatings Process and Metrology Engineer
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking an experienced material scientist/ process engineer with expertise in development of glass and ceramics processes to produce ultra-high precision systems. This person will join the Advanced Development Center in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and development team focused on proto-typing of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems. In this role you will help to develop new wafer table prototypes and processes utilizing PECVD / CVD coating, patterning, cleaning, polishing and etching systems and processes. These new prototypes and associated processes will be used to extend / improve capability and to solve challenging engineering problems associated with achieving nanometer scale precision.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Without direct supervision you will prepare wafer table samples and prototypes for process development using a variety of process and metrology equipment. Troubleshooting and quick decision making are pre-requisites for this position. In this role you will :
- Set-up and operate process equipment such as PECVD/CVD coating, cleaning and etching equipment for engineering experiments and process development.
- Solve any engineering challenges that we encounter related to chemical and material aspects of design and manufacturing process of optical and ceramic substrates to achievethe precision and life time performanceat sub-nanometer scale.
- Investigate, material and chemical issues in manufacturing process like bonding, gluing, coating and etching process.
- Investigate material issues / challenges using appropriate material diagnostic toolslike SEM , AFM , WLI etc
- Perform flatness, roughness and other metrology measurements using WLI, Interferometers and AFM.
- Prepare engineer documentation such as Element Performance Specifications, Element Design Specifications, Test.
- Performance Specification; Test Analysis Reports and release the documents by following change control processes.
- Write engineering procedure and train technicians to efficiently transfer the build/ alignment & test process to manufacturing.
- Effectively utilize various computer systems and applications to operate process equipment, collect and analyze data, use document control and logistics systems, prepare and give presentations.
- Understanding and link the performance of the process effects to the performance of ASMLs systems in field.
- Clearly communicate progress and status of ongoing technical activities to the team, project management and senior management.
Minimum: BS with at least 2-4 years of industry experience in Material Sciences, Chemistry or other equivalent engineering disciplines or equivalent experience.
Preferred: BS with 5+ years of industry experience in Material Sciences, Chemistry or other equivalent engineering disciplines.
- Experience working with various coating deposition equipment (e.g., Sputter, E-beam, ALD, PECVD etc.) preferred.
- Experience using etching equipment like Reactive Ion Etch, wet etch and acid etching.
- Hands on patterning or lithography and cleaning experience.
- Knowledge of material and mechanical properties of coatings, ceramic structure and glasses.
- Practical knowledge of MATLAB and/or LabVIEW for data collection and analysis to drive solutions.
- Ability to work in the clean room environment knowledge in material and material interaction (especially glass, ceramics, thin film materials, gases, etc.); with understanding of the fundamentals of friction and wear processes of metallic, ceramic, and polymeric materials.
- Generalunderstanding of optics and ceramic manufacturing methods beneficialincluding a basic understanding of manufacturing process optimization.
- Goodunderstanding and experience in verification methods (white light interferometer,microscope, SEM, AFM, TOF-SIMS, XPS etc.) a plus.
- Excellent analytical and experimental skills.
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills and a commitment to achieving results on time while under time constraints;High energy, high ownership, high level of dedication.
- Be willing to jump in on new issues, get to the bottom of the causes and propose practical solutions.
- Be able to break down complex problems with limited data to come to solutions – strong critical thinking capability.
- Have demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Beable to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in ateam and be willing to take on responsibility.
- Beable to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation andon-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technicalissues (analytically and hands-on in a lab).
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
The Advanced development center in ASML Wilton, Connecticut is seeking a process engineer with expertise in manufacturing processes of glass and ceramics. This R&D center in Wilton, Connecticut is a multi-disciplinary group of engineers and scientistsfocused on developing learning loop solutions, proto-typing of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems and industrialization of proto-types that meet the system performance requirements.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1