24 days ago - req18721
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Are responsibility and ownership your key strengths? Can you translate (high-level) performance requirements into a flow architecture and do you take the lead in getting technical issues solved, both new designs as End Of Life replacements? Do you see the big picture without missing the important details and are you capable to provide technical direction through different development phases; while focusing on performance, financial as well as industrialization aspects? Do you have experience with water and gas supply systems and are you in for the long term?Then we want to get in touch with you.
In the position of Flow Analyst, you are responsible for the conceptualization, specification and functional integration of flow architectures in or towards subsystems. You are the technical lead for an important part of the Flow & Thermal architecture of ASML’s lithography tools!
The work consists of a translation of the overall system design into an architecture that meets these requirements; a creation of the budgeting to the different users in the system, and communication to, and where necessary negotiation between, the users. The other main part of the work is to bring the system into operation with all the specified functions and a verification test to prove that the architecture or subsystem is working as intended during the specification phase.
The Flow Analyst reports to the Group Leader as well as the Project Leader/Product Owner. He or she maintains regular alignment with the owner of the overall function which his or her deliverables contribute to. Project team size is typically 8 FTE consisting of a mix of analysts, designers, supplier quality engineers and manufacturing-service engineers. A substantial part of the design may be at a co-developer.
- Understand the function of the media at the end users inside the lithography tool
- Perform analyses and calculations to predict the functionality of the flow architecture or subsystem (pressure drop budgeting, flow budgeting, humidification, gas purity), taking into account industrialization aspects like Cost of Goods, Reliability, Manufacturability and Serviceability
- Where necessary increase group competence by literature research, experimental testing or supervision of external research partners
- Negotiate, define, document and present the specifications of flow architecture or subsystem
- Translate these specifications into conceptual designs and act as counterpart and guidance during the 3D design process
- Take care of the functional integration of the architecture or subsystem: prove, document and present its proper functioning with offline and machine tests
- Troubleshoot issues related to the architecture or subsystem, or the larger Flow & Temperature domain inside the tools
Technical BSc or MSc Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Applied Physics, Chemical Engineering or a closely related field of study.
- Solid theoretical and practical experience with heat and mass transfer phenomena and applications
- Affinity with measurement tools and setting up of experiments
- >3 years relevant work experience
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Able to perform in highly dynamic environment
- Ability to organize work effectively and having a systematic approach in problem solving
- Ability to provide technical direction, motivate and convince a team of professionals
- Pragmatic and result-oriented attitude
- Good communication skills and good command of the English language (both written and verbal)
Context of the position
ASML’s Development & Engineering (D&E) sector is responsible for the specification, design and integration of the ASML machines. In this sector, the department of Machine conditioning DUV, specifies, designs and does the functional integration of the various supply systems and architectures related to the flow and thermal domains. This consists of water systems, gas supplies, purging systems and extraction systems. The DUV department focusses on current and new products in volume production. Main part of the work will consist of changing existing designs to guarantee supply and handle changed specifications.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance.
Please add your complete & recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application.
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
You can apply for this job using the button: “Apply now”.
Applications sent by email can’t be processed.