20 days ago - req18772
Optical Data Analyst
Research & development
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Research & development
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML is seeking an experienced data analysis engineer with expertise in processing of images for metrology process development of ultra-high precision flat optics and ceramics. This person will join the Advanced development center in Wilton, Connecticut - A Research and development team focused on proto-typing of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems. The main job function is to understand the existing coatingand etching systems and process, to extend / improve capability and to solve challenging engineering problems associated with achieving nanometer scale precision.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The main focus of this position will be:
- Develop / improve image processing algorithm to extract nm flatness, roughness, morphology and chemicalinformation from scientificimaging equipment like interferometer, SEM, AFM.
- Integrate algorithm from developers in to image processingsoftware package for analysis and process development cycles for engineering and manufacturing users.
- Maintain Version controlled software package for multiple product generations.
- Perform software testing to identify application, algorithmand software bugs.
- Validate/ verify / regression test software to ensure it meets the business and technical requirements.
- Developed machine learning model to predict trends and behaviors relating to lifetime and cycle time improvement of the product.
- Develop & execute roadmap of analysis, software, and systems, to mitigate product & process risk and prevent software performance issues.
- Lead the design team in software analysis tool development to find solutions to difficult technical problems in an efficient manner.
- Develop/ maintain /improvedatabase structures and capabilities.
- Write Matlab scripts to search analyze and plot data from Database.
- Support query code to interrogate data for manufacturing and engineering needs.
- Support image analysis on data and derive conclusions.
- Some travel ( ~ 10%) to Europe, Asia, and within the US can be expected.
Minimum: Bachelor degree in Computer Science / electrical engineer / optical engineering with minimum of 4 years’ experience in developing signal processing & image processing algorithm and software or equivalent experience.
Preferred: Master's degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 2 years of related experience; or PhD degree in similar disciplines.
- Experienced in software like: MATLAB, Python, C/C++.
- Experienced in scientificimage/signal /data process algorithm, statistics and software development.
- Theoretical expertise in to image/signal /data processing, Transfer Function Convolution, filtering and data fitting techniques.
- Clear understanding in: optical measurement techniques like interferometry, scatterometry, optical sensor, Imagingsystems, etc.
- Familiarity with Software Configuration Management.
- Have strong written and oral communicative skills and a commitment to achieving results on time.
- Demonstrated “team player” with a quality orientation and interpersonal skills.
- Be able to interface with multidisciplinary groups and work effectively in a team and be willing to take on responsibility, follow through and keep multiple simultaneous assignments on schedule.
- Be able to quickly acquire technical knowledge from documentation and on-the-job training and be capable of thoroughly investigating technical issues (analytically and hands-on in a lab).
- Be willing to own the integrated systems performance, and support the entire product life-cycle (development through sustaining engineering), strive to deliver the right design solution for the right cost at the right time.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
The Advanced development center in ASML Wilton, Connecticut is seeking is seeking an seeking a well-rounded engineer with direct experience in optical data analyst. Advanced development center in Wilton, Connecticutis an multi-disciplinary group of engineers and scientistsfocused developing on learning loop solutions, proto-typing of next generation wafer/reticle clamping systems and industrialization of proto-types that meet the system performance requirement.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Internal Reference: #LI-KG1