18 days ago - req18880
Design Engineer On-Product Overlay
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Would you like to work in a multidisciplinary team, working on cutting edge technology, providing innovative wafer fab solutions to our customer’s challenges?
As a Design Engineer On-Product Overlay in D&E Applications you contribute to the development and integration of overlay control solutions that optimize the overlay of layers in product wafers, thereby helping our customers to optimize their production ramp-up and yield.
As a Design Engineer On-Product Overlay you will be responsible to design, integrate and verify overlay control solutions that are developed across multiple development teams.
You will support these development teams by executing performance feasibility studies, providing input to product definition, developing prototypes, contributing to functional and performance integration planning and execution, and by supporting early evaluations at customers and returning the feedback to the development teams.
You are expected to take a proactive role in identifying, addressing and reducing risks towards verifying the final control solution performance. Therefore you are proactively reaching out to the development teams and system integration teams as well as customer project teams. You are also able to combine different views and act as a binding force.
In this job you will:
- Execute feasibility studies to assess the performance gain of improved control solutions and provide input to product definition
- Be responsible for designing and prototyping control solution models in Matlab and for customer data analysis
- Contribute to the functional and performance integration strategy, planning and execution for the full control solution, in collaboration with system integration teams
- Contribute to developing functional and performance integration verification means and methods
- Define and execute the product alpha test for final performance evaluation
- Support customer projects during product feasibility studies, initial product introduction and early product evaluations
- Collect feedback and provide these inputs to the development teams. After product release collect proof book and population analysis data of the control solution being used during production
- You will need to combine your analytical thinking with creative problem-solving abilities to develop and integrate innovative control solutions. This includes resolving disturbances quickly, and if needed, coming up with mitigation solutions to ensure program continuation.
MSc. or BSc. degree in Physics, Mathematics or Engineering (Mechanical, Optical, Electrical, Chemical), with a solid background in statistics, data analysis, process control, semiconductor process technology and/or semiconductor device physics.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in semiconductor research and development or process engineering, preferably at ASML or in the semiconductor industry
- Experience with developing SW prototype models, preferably in Matlab, Python or similar
- Experience with statistical data analysis
- Creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit
- Strong analytical skills combined with a pragmatic problem solving attitude
- Proactive team player with good communicational skills and able to connect people
- Ambition to identify improvement opportunities, striking the right balance between quality and delivery speed
- Good knowledge of English.
Context of the position
The Business Line (BL) Applications provides integrated solutions with metrology and process control SW products for extendibility and improved efficiency of lithography products and processes. Within Development & Engineering in BL Applications, the Overlay Interfaces group is part of the On-Product Performance - Process Window Control (OPP-PWC) department. The group is responsible for the functional integration and performance of overlay control solutions that optimize the overlay of layers in product wafers, aiming to improve our customer’s production yield. The overlay control solutions we develop comprise overlay metrology, control SW applications and scanner actuation to minimize overlay errors.
Semiconductor, device, process, processing, optics, lithography, overlay, engineering, precision metrology, data analyses, statistics, application, process control, drift control, metrology, product development, performance integration