17 days ago - req18828
EUV metrology software C/C++ designer
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Research & development
Computer science & software engineering, Physics
Do you see yourself as an expert in requirements engineering and are you challenged by translating functional requirements
into lean software designs? You combine strong analytical reasoning and conceptual understanding with excellent
If your answer is YES to all of the above, don't hesitate to apply. We are looking for you to join our metrology software team.
Metrology software orchestrates the behavior of powerful mechatronic modules, so that together they achieve an extraordinary combination of speed and accuracy. For example, one such module (a wafer stage), accelerates faster than a fighter jet to enable the ASML machine to position a silicon wafer in less than a second, with nanometer accuracy! As well as using metrology systems to position wafers, ASML also uses metrology systems to measure and compensate for sub-nanometer inaccuracies that
inevitably creep in due to material imperfections, temperature fluctuations, and/or atmospheric pressure changes. To achieve such challenging results, the best metrology systems ever imagined are required.
Solutions of the metrology functional group are implemented in software by the metrology software department. Your role is to design high-quality software, allowing fast and efficient delivery of complex metrology functions.
The main tasks & responsibilities are:
- Collaborating with other software engineers to design and implement features
- Quickly producing well-organized, optimized, and documented source code in C/C++, python
- Creating and documenting software tools required by architects or other developers
- Debugging existing source code and polish feature sets
- Contributing to technical design documentation
- Paying attention to detail is essential and all tasks must be carried out to the highest standard
Master in computer science, software engineering, system engineering, or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience as software engineer (object oriented design) in a multidisciplinary setting
- A proven track-record in C/C++, UML, Unix/LinuxExperience with model driven engineering / Modelling is a big added benefit
- Experience with Software Architecture/ Modular architecture and a general understanding of
how software concepts map to machine behavior
- Experience with Software Design Patterns, Gmock/Gtest and Code versioning (Git/SVN)
- Experience with requirements engineering
- Experience with model driven engineering / Modelling
- An understanding of mathematical and Physical concepts and translating them to clean
- You must be familiar with the agile way of working
- You are able to handle legacy software
- You know how to work with MATLAB
ASML is a highly dynamic environment, which requires you:
- To be a good communicator
- A team player
- To be a problem solver
- To be flexible towards changes
- To take initiative
- To be result oriented
As a software designer, we expect you:
- To show leadership
- Influence your stakeholders
- To deploy software architecture changes and development methods.
Context of the position
This position is within the software metrology department, which is a part of the sector Development & Engineering.
As a software software metrology engineer you will work alongside the functional metrology engineer.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
We expect that your application is accompanied by a Motivation Letter indicating why you are interested in this position and why this position is a match with your skills and experience. Applications without a Motivation Letter will automatically get rejected.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department.
ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
If you are interested in this vacancy please apply.
This position is being used as a pipeline vacancy. This means that this is a more generic vacancy that is reviewed by multiple hiring manager. Your application can be moved to another vacancy by the end of the process.